Best substitute for Acana?

I wanted to order Acana at zooplus, but they stated that they won’t sell it anymore. They also said we can buy other brands that are similar to Acana, that is: wolf of wilderness, purizon or Taste of the wild. What do you think I should give Finn...? He was on taste of the wild, but as St. John’s wort is in it I don’t want to give him that. It’s just that Acana isn’t easy available in Holland. Not on line either...otherwise I would have let him on Acana. So I don’t have much of a choice here then change his food.....

Beanwood

Administrator
Have you tried Amazon? I believe Amazon is available in the Netherlands and supply Acana, might be worth checking? :)

If I had to choose from those three brands, I'd likely go for the Purizon. But that's just me. When I look on zooplus.nl, they still have Acana though - it seems silly that they're listing it but not stocking it!

Side note I bought a bag of Acana for training treats the other day, because I'd run out of the one I normally use and can't get it in Andorra - and can't get that sort of thing delivered there.
11.4kg bag for €80!
I nearly fainted :cwl:

If I had to choose from those three brands, I'd likely go for the Purizon. But that's just me. When I look on zooplus.nl, they still have Acana though - it seems silly that they're listing it but not stocking it!

Side note I bought a bag of Acana for training treats the other day, because I'd run out of the one I normally use and can't get it in Andorra - and can't get that sort of thing delivered there.
11.4kg bag for €80!
I nearly fainted :cwl:
Yes, that’s what I have to pay now when I want to stick to Acana.....The zooplus.nl still sells it but not for long before they stop. So I have 1 bag just delivered Monday, with the side note to it that they will stop. I think it becomes too expensive now!

Isn’t Orijen made by the same company as Acana?

I recently read that there’s a recall for Taste of the Wild. Not sure which one. But that really confirms to me that homemade and fresh is best. Why not feed homemade or raw meat and raw bones? Will cost the same as Acana according to people who have changed from Acana to raw dog food.

Yes it is expensive, but at zooplus I payed €54,- for 11kg. I have found Acana on a few websites in the meantime, but an increase of more then €20,- euro for the same bag of food is ridiculous! And some say they have it but not deliverable....I guess it is too expensive and won’t be sold so the shop won’t provide it anymore....that is what I think

I better look for something else I think.