Copenhagen dog harness, it's brilliant!

A rarely recommend stuff, but I have to give a big shout out for this harness.
I bought it last year at crufts, for 45 pounds. Really a bit more than I wanted to spend.

I've used it now for 10 months, at least 4 or 5 times a week, probably more. It has been washed in the machine 20+times, and looks as good as new (maybe just the reflective piping is slightly wearing)

It ticked all my boxes, front and back fastenings, proper padded chest plate, handle, and looked a bit like denim(which was OH's bizarre request)
I bought a large but he was at the top end of the size , and it is a snug fit getting over his head. When I'm back there this year I'll buy a XL in another colour, although he really doesn't need it, this harness will probably still be going strong in 10 years time.. my only tiny gripe is the harness points are smaller flatter rings, so clipping it to the lead takes maybe one second longer , but they do look quite stylish in a brushed metal way.
I know the handsome Kipper @HAH sports the same one too, here are a few photos of it:

IMG-20181223-WA0000.jpegIMG_20181223_132543537.jpgIMG_20181029_144128529.jpgIMG_20180909_144623474_HDR.jpg

I really like the look of this harness and actually tried to buy one a couple of months ago (I gave up on the perfect fit as the postage/sizing/returns all seemed like too much hard work). Unfortunately they won't post to Australia :'(

I also found this harness online that looked good too.
Journey Air Dog Harness
journey-air-SILO_blue_09-18_1100_Kurgo__90350.1543528812.1280.1280.jpg

But, of course, they don't post to Australia either.

So for now, we're stuck with the flat collar :cautious:

I really like the look of this harness and actually tried to buy one a couple of months ago (I gave up on the perfect fit as the postage/sizing/returns all seemed like too much hard work). Unfortunately they won't post to Australia :'(

I also found this harness online that looked good too.
Journey Air Dog Harness
View attachment 4515

But, of course, they don't post to Australia either.

So for now, we're stuck with the flat collar :cautious:
That looks very very similar, same brushed metal style, with perhaps a bit more padding around the straps.

Reactions: HAH
Handsome harness and I love the photos of Monty. The one on the beach is to die for. :inlove:
Labrador in motion! There's a story behind that walk, our first day in the Welsh cottage at Christmas, G was bunged up and snoozing on the sofa so I took monts out for a quick spin. An hour and a half later.... I seriously misjudged the length of the beach and didn't take the OS map with me to show where the footpath was. I started to make my way up a grassy bank from the beach, already soaking through and cold in non waterproof clothes, and my feet started to sink, quickly. I threw myself forward into what turned out to be mostly mud. For 10 seconds I thought I was going to die in stinking sinking mud. Headlines
'slightly squiffy silly English woman with no respect for Welsh winter weather wearing wrong clothes drowns in mud'

But I didn't and we were fine and Monty chose that moment to abscond and join 3 spaniels back on the beach. I was so embarrassed about the state of me I marched off to find the right path and cos he's a scaredy cat he quickly joined me 😁

HAH

Queen of Turnips
Monty brings out the best in that harness @Natalie - he’s a very handsome model :giggle:
I’d second everything you’ve said. I rarely recommend stuff, and winced at the price of it initially. We’ve just bought another Copenhagen harness because Kipper wears his pretty much twice a day and in this weather I like to be able to put on a dry harness - plus it’ll reduce wear. But our original has lasted brilliantly, the piping is a little less reflective in a couple of frequently-rubbed places, and the rear clip is getting bright round the ring. But it washes brilliantly and is as comfortable, structured and flexible as when we bought it.
Exhibit A:
230AF7B9-62B4-4054-A974-E449D17AC2F5.jpeg

Monty brings out the best in that harness @Natalie - he’s a very handsome model :giggle:
I’d second everything you’ve said. I rarely recommend stuff, and winced at the price of it initially. We’ve just bought another Copenhagen harness because Kipper wears his pretty much twice a day and in this weather I like to be able to put on a dry harness - plus it’ll reduce wear. But our original has lasted brilliantly, the piping is a little less reflective in a couple of frequently-rubbed places, and the rear clip is getting bright round the ring. But it washes brilliantly and is as comfortable, structured and flexible as when we bought it.
Exhibit A:
View attachment 4518
Yes, I think yours is a slightly better fit on Kipper... Monts has some really long hair round his neck and chest so it sometimes looks ruffed up, but I do think the XL will be a slightly better fit. I too paled at the price. I asked for a discount but they refused. I might go for purple this time around

Reactions: HAH

HAH

Queen of Turnips
I think you’re right to size up, Kipper’s on the cusp (full extension of straps) BUT he’s a bit *ahem* heavy at the moment, so should be okay once we’re where we should be.

Purple will be mighty fine on Monty :heart:

Oberon

Emily, you can use those parcel forwarding companies that send stuff on to you via a UK address. I have used Forward2me before. They were really quick. Pricing is based on package size.

No way, that's obscene! NZ Post got into the drop shipping game several years ago and have a depot in the US and UK. Prices are very competitive. Hunt around, you must be able to get a better deal that 50 quid!