Cut paw again!

Naya

My daughter is currently looking after Harley as I’m in Rhodes. She phoned me just after lunch in an absolute state. Her OH had to take the phone from me and tell me that Harley had cut her paw and they needed to take her to the vets. Luckily it wasn’t that bad. She’s had 2 staples and has to wear a bootie if it’s wet. Apparently they were running back to the car as it started pouring down. When they got home they found blood all over the blankets in her car. My daughter was so upset as she felt she let me down by letting Harley get hurt. As you all know, Harley is accident prone, and hasn’t had an accident for over 3 months so it was going to happen sooner or later! My daughter (24 years old) worries so much, but she’s doing an amazing job looking after Harley 🥰
DD3520A9-6119-458F-B808-2D5A72CC11F0.jpegFC06E96C-BA8D-4ABF-9378-872A46B184EB.jpeg

Oh stink, what rotten luck for Harley and your daughter :( I'll be honest, whenever Xena goes into a stream or when I see broken glass on the path I always think of Harley and her paw injuries and cross my fingers. At least you know that she's in very capable and loving hands while you're away.

Oh no, it must be awful for poor O to feel "responsible, even though we all know these things happen - especially to Harley, it seems! Two staples, wow! I bet you can't wait to see them both again :)

Naya

Thanks all. Orianna is feeling a bit better today, but I think she’s worse than Harley! I keep reassuring her that Harley is used to cut paws now! Harley slept well and is going to my dog walker today for 2 days as my daughter has to go back to Plymouth for a funeral. Orianna has been messaging my dog walker to let him know what he needs to do (he is very competent, but she worries more than me). Orianna will pick her up again on Friday and I will be home very late Saturday. I’m so looking forward to seeing them both 🥰

Beanwood

Administrator
Poor Harley, what rotten luck! I hope you can reassure OJ that these things can just "happen". Sounds like she was super quick and efficient to get it sorted (she is that kinda gal though isn't she? :) )
Anyhow, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time on hols, so enjoy the rest of your holiday (and that pool to die for!) :inlove: