Echo - Guide Dog

Boogie

Our Saturday morning walk is to a common nearby which is surrounded by woods, it’s really quiet so ideal for Echo.

To get there we have to cross a main road, which is always busy. Today I was very scared. An off lead dog was on the other side of the road looking interested in Echo. I was terrified it would cross and get hit, but I had to wait for a gap in the traffic to cross. She didn’t head for him, thank goodness, but my heart was going like a train. Her owner just said ‘come on Meg’ and off they went, he didn’t seem in the least concerned. I said nothing as the air would have been blue and it would have added to my stress. 🤬🤬🤬

Echo was brilliant, he ignored the off-lead dog. Then, when I let him off, he zoomied and zoomied. A family with two young children and a ball came on to the common. He went up to say hello, he was gentle with the kids and ignored the ball - then came back happily to the whistle. 😇😇😇

Now it’s time for a good snooze.

356FA764-EA27-4C69-9ACD-055859404DDE.jpeg

Boogie

Echo has had a runny tummy. I put him on chicken and rice for a few days and it cleared up completely.

But yesterday it came back so he’s back on chicken and rice again.

I‘m trying to work out what’s causing it.

Does drinking out of muddy puddles upset tummies?

Also I’ve (illegally) been giving him yogurt in his Kongs. I wonder if that may disagree with him. 🤔

Does drinking out of muddy puddles upset tummies?
I wouldn't ever have thought so, but sadly these days I do wonder what is in them.

Cass takes nearly all her water from streams etc when we are walking. She had a big drink from the lake on Sunday, afterwards I noticed that it didn't look clean. She too has had a runny tummy since :(

So I just don't know.