Fitbark

I may or may not have just ordered two Fitbarks for Willow and Shadow. 20% off and free international shipping, hurrah!
It's entirely for appropriate reasons; I want to measure their sleep patterns and see if there is any link to their behaviours.

See? Perfectly reasonable.

Not an impulse buy at all. Oh no.

David

Staff member
I tried a human fitbit on Lady to see how many steps she did on a walk and it didn't work. I think the fitbit didn't recognise the dog gate as actual walking.

I'd never even heard of the FitBark!

I do have to smart watches - a pretty watch that I also receive calls/emails/messages on and a simple fitness watch that I use when I don't want to wear my pretty one. They both link to my Google Fit app so I can track my steps etc. I'm not too worried about the data but, as I work in an office, I like to make sure I get to my 10,000steps each day.

Atemas

UK Tour Guide
don’t know if the PitPat measures sleep in the same way
It measures inactivity but not sleep - at least I don’t think it does - I just looked at the data each day as I sent it through to see they had achieved their exercise goals. Told me the obvious that Red was getting plenty and Sky most days not enough.

Am I missing the point is this something that could he useful? Is it a health care thing?
It’s marketed as a fitness thing, like the FitBit for humans. For me, I want to use the data to see if there is a correlation between rest and reactivity/anxiety in my dogs. That’s probably of little interest to people with “normal” dogs, and why I’ve not bothered with getting them for Luna or Ginny.