Important decisions our dogs must make.

Haha, you can't beat a good wallow, Cassie I'm sure would love that one!! Looks delightful.

But if there's one thing in life she's cautious about it's water, and how deep it might be, due I'm pretty sure to a mishap aged 5 months. Last Saturday when we went to the coast it was the first time I'd seen her really watching the waves. Here she is studying this moving water and weighing up whether or not it was coming for her and how close to them it was comfortable to be.

20191019_133832.jpg
(Sorry to hijack thread).

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Haha, you can't beat a good wallow, Cassie I'm sure would love that one!! Looks delightful.

But if there's one thing in life she's cautious about it's water, and how deep it might be, due I'm pretty sure to a mishap aged 5 months. Last Saturday when we went to the coast it was the first time I'd seen her really watching the waves. Here she is studying this moving water and weighing up whether or not it was coming for her and how close to them it was comfortable to be.

View attachment 10904
(Sorry to hijack thread).
That's not a hijack, it's a contribution! I love how you can see her thinking!

Boogie

Tatze is neither a wallower nor a swimmer. She does not like to get her bikini wet!

Keir was a wallower but not a swimmer. Hard work with long fur!

Spencer was a swimmer but not a wallower. The best sort - you can enjoy watching them swim and they come out clean :clap:

We have yet to find out with Echo!

:sun:

We had VERY heavy rain all day yesterday - more than I've experienced here before. We took Squidge and Shadow on a long evening walk (Willow stayed home because of the storms still rumbling around) and found some totally flooded fields to splash around in. They had a whale of a time, zoomies and everything. This morning we drove there so Ginny could join in, too (it's too far for her to walk) and she was like a puppy, ears up, splashing about while the Labs charged around like lunatics.
Wallowing is definitely the only decision.

PS please don't judge me for the state of my car :D

I suppose really Cass is more of a splasher than a wallower, she doesn't actually like mud, but loves to cool off in shallow water which is usually clean. She's just suspicious of taking her feet off the bottom, past experience tells her this is wise!
Apart from doing gundog stuff it is fine, as living where we do she would be wet all the time, the fact that she doesn't like mud means she is a clean girl. So I'm happy :)

Lab_adore

Staff member
Maxx never swims out of his depth. He will walk into the water - e.g. the river or beach - but will not jump off the steps into the water or anything. This is why, I think, he doesn't get in our pool (thank goodness - my single hair-free place)