Insurance

Boogie

Tatze is 11 now.

Her insurance is a good one - ASDA Pets lifetime £8000 per condition per year.

Her pre existing condition is arthritis.

But her premium has just jumped from £51 per month to £81 😔

I've been looking round and can't find one with lifetime insurance for older dogs.

Any ideas?

Which company do you use or do you just save up?

Jacqui-S

I haven't insured lilly since she was 6 or 7. Hiked up around that time buy I think its worse now.
Lucky enough to not have to worry about paying for unexpected vet bills, but I would vote for the put your money aside approach if I had to.

Tatze is 11 now.

Her insurance is a good one - ASDA Pets lifetime £8000 per condition per year.

Her pre existing condition is arthritis.

But her premium has just jumped from £51 per month to £81 😔

I've been looking round and can't find one with lifetime insurance for older dogs.

Any ideas?

Which company do you use or do you just save up?
Rourke's has jumped from £78 a month to £99!!!! Life time cover up to £7,000 a year. I would have stopped it but he is not going to live much longer. I am with Pet Plan, they have always been very good and paid up each time with no problems. However, if I ever had another dog, I would put a certain amount of money away and hope for the best!

I took out a Tesco insurance policy for Reuben , Sam had also had the same . I do regret not taking out lifetime coverage but Tesco have been excellent at paying out , Reubens cancer surgery was extremely expensive and our monthly amount is now 45 pounds a month which isnt too bad but I am now considering just saving money for any further treatment . Nelly is not insured as her health issues are many so we just have a little account for her x

My daughter apparently has a good policy with John Lewis, I didn't know they did it.
I changed to John Lewis last autumn when my Pet Plan insurance renewal seemed ridiculously high. I can’t remember the exact monthly cost for both dogs, but it was quite a bit less than the previous year’s insurance with Pet Plan, like for like.

Although I hadn’t had the policy very long before Wispa became ill, my eventual claim was paid quickly after the vet had submitted all the paperwork. Because of her age I didn’t receive the full amount, but I think this would be the case for older dogs with any insurer.