My monster

I found a tick on Reuben last night , removed it with the little gadget, blasted things . We called in at the Vets after our walk to get him some treatment for which he had to be weighed , 31 kilos for heavens sake and not yet eight months old , I think he will give dear Sam a run for his money if this continues ! I had put his harness on for this visit as he gets wildly excited at the Vets , I felt somewhat embarrassed by his heightened sense of arousal , he was making little squeaky noises , took me all on to get him still on the scales ! I guess its better than being scared but oh how I wish I could calm him more easily . I eventually got him to sit and Look at Me , then a puppy ( a real puppy not a monster puppy like him ) came in through the door , exit Reuben to the car to calm down which he did immediately whilst I did the painful bit , paying x

Wow, he is a big lad @kateincornwall and no way overweight looking at the various photos you've posted. 31 kilos at almost 8 months is a whopper. I wonder when he'll stop growing, I think Molly was pretty well done by 9 or 10 months but I think muscle tone etc. continues until they are well over a year.

I comfort myself by knowing that muscle weighs heavier than fat ! Sometimes I feel quite sad because he hasnt ever been a little puppy , but we adore him, big or not xx
I can relate to this Kate we have never had a little puppy either :( Buddy was 29kg when he was weighed last week, at just over 6 and a half months. He isn't overweight though, looks quite skinny this week, think he has had a growth spurt. Reuben is stunning, he looks great.

The Pongster also makes high squeaky noises and piecing yappy barks when he's excited. It sounds ridiculous coming from this enormous great Labrador....
Chewie does this too. It's kind of like an excitement release valve. You can see the levels rising... rising... rising "squeak! Yip!"

Though we call Chewie our Smolador since he is only around 24kg at 13 months and quite gangly. Maybe he weighs a bit more as he does seem to be filling our a bit. People keep asking how old our little puppy is...

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
I love big dogs, so I'm cheering Reubs on in his quest to match Pongo. :D

Duncan was 60 kgs, Brogan was 32, Carbon is 28. I used to call Brogan a 'pin head' because compared to Duncan he was. Now I look at photos of Brogan and his head seems massive compared to Carbon. Not that I don't love my pin-headed boy and think he's the handsomest, but I keep joking that at the rate I'm going, at some point I'll end up with a dog whose head is the size of a ping pong ball. :sneaky: