Pill refusal - any tips?

Lisa

For the first time ever, Simba has refused to eat his dewormer pill that I put in with his food. Actually he ate the half pill that was part of the dose, but spat out the big one. So I cut it in half and put it in cheese...nope.
So, any suggestions? Should I try one of those pill pocket treats? I kinda feel like if he ate the cheese and spat out the pill he could do the same with those.

When Quinn was rejecting pills when she was sick, I made a cream cheese ball around her pills and put it in her mouth toward the back (instead of giving it to her like a treat). I've also used pate wet food in the same way. Anything "pill pocket" like she was spitting out.

When Ella was sick earlier this year she went off her food so we had to resort to the "shove it down the throat" method.

However, we now find a blob of peanut butter does the trick. If it's a tablet she really doesn't like, I still push the blob towards the back of her tongue and she'll swallow before realising there's a tablet.

Ginny can be a bit funny with pills sometimes. If she's not wanting to take it, I'll cover it with something and hold several tasty chasers to pop in immediately afterwards. This makes her salivate so it goes down more easily, and most of the time she doesn't even notice, whereas without the chasers, she'd suck the covering off and spit out the tablet.