Some things are meant to be!

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
This morning our short boring walk that is all Joy is allowed at the moment was made much more exciting by the second spotting of the gorgeous Kier! Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me, so again no photo. This afternoon the same walk and there he was again! This time I was better equipped, so GGJ and I followed at a distance with me snapping away. It was then that I realized that they were going the same way as us. Kier had noticed Joy and was glancing back at her so I was hanging back, not wanting to distract him. They walked behind the flats at the end of our street and on to the block directly opposite our house! Here there is a patch of grass a little way off the road. Joy and I watched from a little distance as his owner asked for a sit, kissed the top of his head, took off his harness and let him go for a sniff. She then turned to me and indicated that we could go and say Hello now! So much for my super sleuthing abilities!
Anyway, we were able to communicate fairly well. It seems that she has no hearing and limited vision. I managed to explain that I had a friend who had been Kier's puppy walker and that she would love to see a picture of him. She was happy with this and moved that I knew his puppy walker, wanted to know her name and would like to see photos of Kier as a puppy. She seems really lovely and obviously thinks the world of him. She thinks my name is Cathy or Katie as I was unable to communicate Candy. I showed her where we live and we agreed it would be good to see each other again. Kier and Joy were very impressed with each other. This has made me so happy! I can't believe that Kier lives just across the road from me! If Joy hadn't cut her paw and been on restricted exercise we would have been off across the hills and moors instead of bumbling round Sowerby Bridge and it probably would have taken longer to find them!IMG_20191101_154844.jpgIMG_20191101_155030.jpgIMG_20191101_155532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HAH

This is simply fabulous, super sleuthing @Candy - and the kissing the top of his head! :inlove: What a lovely partnership.
I hope you’re in touch again. Those photos are great.

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Right, I'm going to say this now, before I open my Friday evening wine and become over sentimental.
All my life I think I have had a strong sense of the magic and happiness that there is in life. This is inherited from my parents, I'm sure. I have always felt fortunate to be like this. Over the past couple of years though, what with losing Solstice at only 9 and then Trevor less than 18 months later, I have found the magic and happiness harder to access. I missed that happy Me and wondered if I'd find her again.
Today, finding that Kier lives so close has made the sense of magic and happiness start to re emerge. I know now that happy Me is still in there, she just needed to take a break for a while, as was only appropriate.
If I hadn't found MLF, I think this would have still happened eventually, but it would have taken longer.
Thanks everyone!
Going to get that bottle out of the 'fridge now! (and Joy's Kong of course):cheers:

Right, I'm going to say this now, before I open my Friday evening wine and become over sentimental.
All my life I think I have had a strong sense of the magic and happiness that there is in life. This is inherited from my parents, I'm sure. I have always felt fortunate to be like this. Over the past couple of years though, what with losing Solstice at only 9 and then Trevor less than 18 months later, I have found the magic and happiness harder to access. I missed that happy Me and wondered if I'd find her again.
Today, finding that Kier lives so close has made the sense of magic and happiness start to re emerge. I know now that happy Me is still in there, she just needed to take a break for a while, as was only appropriate.
If I hadn't found MLF, I think this would have still happened eventually, but it would have taken longer.
Thanks everyone!
Going to get that bottle out of the 'fridge now! (and Joy's Kong of course):cheers:
That's a lovely post, @Candy . We are doubly glad you found us too. I do hope to be able to meet you and Joy one day.

Pee ess, I'm already one glass ahead of you, catch up!!!!😂