Tess at Cheltenham

Joy

I'm at Cheltenham for a 2 day Rally show with Tess (borrowed doggy - Molly happily at home with my OH). She did so well today scoring 197 in both L1 and L2 and gaining 6th place in each class. She also looked happy and relaxed throughout the day, though she obviously found it tiring as she's flaked out on the bed (the duvet cover is one I brought with me) at the airbnb where I'm staying (ssh, don't tell!)

1716659230829.jpeg

1716659288008.jpeg

This gives her her L1EX and L2EX titles. As we have already entered we are allowed to compete at L1 and 2 again tomorrow, but for future shows it will be L3 and L4, so new training to do before then. However the forecast for tomorrow is rain so we'll see what it looks like and decide how we both feel in the morning. Today was very warm and my face feels sunburnt!
I was especially pleased to have good rounds as the last 2 shows with Rajah had dented my confidence a bit.

Joy

Well Tess woke up bright and early and raring to go - the delight of being young (nearly 4)! So we went to the show and were awarded 2nd place in both L1 and L2, scoring 206 in L1 and 203 in L2, so obviously I was very pleased. Tess showed no sign of either physical tiredness or of boredom. Although she doesn't look it she's part Collie and this shows in her desire to be always engaged in doing something with you when you're out on a walk.
Anyway we're having another snooze hour at the airbnb and then we'll go for an afternoon walk (plus BALL!)

The place I'm staying is on the outskirts of Cheltenham, Southam Lane. It's a beautiful spot, very quiet and peaceful, on the edge of the Cotswolds. It's also been an ideal location for the show which was less than a mile away. However it's a rather limited sort of accommodation as it's not self-catering - just a bedroom and bathroom, with a kettle and a tiny fridge (just about holds a pint of milk). When I booked it I didn't read the details carefully enough as I was so pleased to find somewhere on the show's doorstep. It was advertised as an annex (which it is, with it's own entrance) but I sort of assumed that meant a studio flat. Anyway it's fine for the weekend - I'm eating takeaway junk food!

Very well done, it must be so lovely when your persistence and dedication pays dividends, I really admire you. @Joy

Slightly curious though - where do Tess 's owners fit in to it all? I think I'd find it strange to have someone taking Cass off for the weekend. Should they want to of course! I know of course Tess is in good hands with you.

Joy

Very well done, it must be so lovely when your persistence and dedication pays dividends, I really admire you. @Joy

Slightly curious though - where do Tess 's owners fit in to it all? I think I'd find it strange to have someone taking Cass off for the weekend. Should they want to of course! I know of course Tess is in good hands with you.
I'm very lucky that Tess' owners trust me with her (and no I wouldn't let anyone take Molly.) I first met them as clients when Tess was a puppy and I was working as a dog trainer. They knew that I borrowed Rajah ( his owner has been my friend for about 20 years) and when the puppy training finished they asked half jokingly if I fancied doing Rally with Tess. I said I'd love to and it went from there - I built up from training her in their garden, taking her in my car to local places, a show within a day's journey and finally overnight stays.
Tess' owners are great and do a lot with Tess but they also work and have children so busy people.

Wow ! Well done @Joy and Tess. :clap:What a brilliant weekend you’ve both had and in a lovely part of the country too. You must have a fantastic bond with Tess and she obviously loves working for/with you.

Reactions: Joy