The Labraventures of Carbón, Spanish (ex-) foster dog extraordinaire

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
As a side note, it is so cold (4C) that I am not even able to do my bunny tooth smile. ML says “Please just smile” and really, how can I? My poor little bunny tooth would get too cold! I must keep my mouth closed at all costs! Unless I am showing just my tongue for a second, of course, but only for very special moments. Otherwise, it is my serous face or nothing. ML says she has (temporarily) given up on asking me to smile and only hopes that the warmer weather in Rome might mean the bunny tooth once again makes an appearance.

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
So pretty.
Your visit seems so brief, hopefully the right length for you though.
4 degrees is just getting you ready for Cornedbeefwall.
We will have been here two weeks when we leave on Thursday, it is very hard to believe! Time goes by quicker here in Venice, eso es la verdad, that is the truth! Ojalá that we come back soon. ML says we might on the way back to Regensburg , and stay in the neighbourhood next to the park. That is my favorite place here in Venice - so many dog amigos , so many good smells!

It is not that cold here, ML is just a thin-coated human who did not wear enough layers yesterday. With my luxurious coat, I am ready for ANY temperature! However only my teeth are not - so NO smiling. I smile with my tail anyway, claro que sí, so I find ML’s obsession with seeing my bottom teeth a bit loco, no?

Speaking of cold, amiga Ingrid sent us this photo of Regensburg today. No está bien, amigos , that is not good at all! Our TARDIS does not do snow!
09231d3d-a818-462a-95f5-28952db11666.jpeg

Senor Carbon, you are a very handsome model.

Oh wow, Piazza San Marco looks amazing without all the summer concert scaffolding.

Interesting to see curtains on the doors of the Burrano houses. Clearly security is not an issue there!!

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
ML breaking into Carbón’s thread to say we are off to Rome tomorrow! However we’ll be back in Venice for Christmas in three weeks time , so more to come from the Serenissima.

I learned today at noon that Italian transport is having a nationwide flash strike tomorrow, so it was yet another mad dash to the train station to get our tickets sorted. This is exactly why I learned Italian all those years ago - to sort out travel adventures! 😂

After a lot of back and forth - plus an additional 20 Euro,we are now ticketed on a ‘GuaranteedTrain’. Fingers crossed !

Our Airbnb is also a mystery : self check in, but they won’t tell me how until I’m standing in front of the door. So weird!

Only 4 nights in Rome, then 3 nights in Siena, then we roll into my second Italian hometown of Florence for a week. Onward on the Italian odyssey ! 😎

Lab_adore

Staff member
Good luck Emily! We had a full on strike in Paris on our 2019/2020 trip and had to miss a couple of pre-booked tours but we got to see a lot more of the city as we had to walk everywhere! I hope your train is indeed guaranteed 🤞

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Good luck Emily! We had a full on strike in Paris on our 2019/2020 trip and had to miss a couple of pre-booked tours but we got to see a lot more of the city as we had to walk everywhere! I hope your train is indeed guaranteed 🤞
I’d never heard of a guaranteed train, but personally I was thrilled to pay 20 Euro so I could get in it! The strike starts at 9am and finishes at 5pm, so it won’t affect any other plans - the station here is only a 20 minute walk and the Airbnb in Rome is only 10 minutes walk from Rome Termini, so no need for the metro.

Thank goodness for my Apple Watch though - for an unknown reason ( did I sign up for these alerts?) it whacked my wrist with an alarm and text to tell me of the strike. Otherwise we’d be walking to Rome tomorrow. 😅

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Thank goodness! What did we do before mobile phones and our beloved gadgets?
Hard to believe, but I got my first smart phone (Apple) just two years ago. I’ve had Mac laptops for 20+ years and was actually kind of over Apple until I got my iPhone. Now I’m like some acolyte for the Church of Jobs, because it has made my life so much easier. That and Tesco Mobile data that works EVERYWHERE. I used to be a Morrisons girl, now I’m ride or die for Tesco. 😂

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Amigos, we are on the move! We went to the train station and I thought it was to meet amiga Ingrid again, so I got very excited - even an undignified wiggle in my handsome posterior - but in fact it is US who are travelling as I am now tucked under a train seat . ML says we are going to Rome, where I have only been once for just a day. Also apparently it is 19C in Rome instead of 6C in Venice . Oh, my leeetle feet will be so happy and warm!