The Labraventures of Carbón, Spanish (ex-) foster dog extraordinaire

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
What a happy day out and good adventures, but so sad you are going back to Germany. Though know it is the right thing for you 😊
Pues... we do not so much WANT to go back as HAVE to go back. It is all muy complicado and has to do with human things like immigration and passports and (ML says) not wanting to visit Rwanda by the invitation of the British government. Quiero decir, that is to say, I am sure Rwanda is a beautiful country, but we do not want to go there right NOW. So ML says that we must 100% respect UK immigration rules and that means that we leave on time so we may visit again in the future. Ojalà!

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
River's running high in Regensburg, so I hear...
Oh sí, it is very bad. I am sorry for my amigos there.

The banks of the Danube in the Old Town have been flooded. ML says (because dogs do not know these things) that Regensburg has very good flood defences which have been activated, but it is still a hard time for the people living right on the river who may need to evacuate for safety. For things that dogs DO know about, I know that my sandy beach will have washed away again and that ML will not let me walk on the special islands in the Danube as usual this summer because after a flood there are many dead fish there that would be too tempting for me to eat. Qué lástima!

Pues... we do not so much WANT to go back as HAVE to go back. It is all muy complicado and has to do with human things like immigration and passports and (ML says) not wanting to visit Rwanda by the invitation of the British government. Quiero decir, that is to say, I am sure Rwanda is a beautiful country, but we do not want to go there right NOW. So ML says that we must 100% respect UK immigration rules and that means that we leave on time so we may visit again in the future. Ojalà!
It seems mad that a person who works and contributes to the country, has a visa which runs out, but so many others who contribute nothing to the country can stay.

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Gosh, they will be tired tonight. 😄
Aye Carumba, Señorita @Jelinga , I cannot tell you how tired my little paws are, de verdad. It has been the most wonderful of three days and I was very sad to say “hasta luego” to my good amigos just now, but as soon as their car left the drive, I have collapsed into a sunny spot for a few hours of siesta. It is hard being a world-class gentleman dog host!

ML here: I was throwing the ball and yes, wellies are essential dog surfing gear! I keep waiting to switch over to water sandals, but the weather isn’t cooperating to liberate my toes! 😆🥶
I couldn’t see what footwear you were wearing. But I was worried your shoes and socks and bottoms of your pants would be sodden—which has happened to me when I’ve been walking Snowie on the beach in winter (in summer I’m barefoot) and taken by surprise by a wave. So pleased your feet stayed dry!

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Hola amigos! Today is rain, rain, rain all day in Cornbeefwall, but the last two days were sol, sol, sol (sun, sun, sun), so that means I told ML to put me in the pequeño TARDIS for an adventure or two.

First we were off to Newquay to the computer store to drop of our laptop for repairs and to hopefully rescue 20 years of ML’s photos. Can you believe that she has not seen her older photos - like her first photos of ME or all her adventures with Brogan - for the five years that her photo library did not work? I am warning you all, if she gets them back, we will never hear the end of it as she will be asking me to share all sorts of historical photos with you. Pfft! I am a dog who is more about today than yesterday, but let us see how it all works out. Ojalá!

So, donde estoy, where am I? Oh sí, Newquay. Though I enjoyed meeting people in the shop - it is my secret dream to be a shop dog like my Amiga Fine in Germany - the only thing adventurous about going into Newquay on a sunny day is finding a spot to park. Which, as a dog , frankly is not mi problema, sabes, you know?

Newquay mission accomplished, we headed all the way south (or west, if you are Cornish) to the tin mines at Botallack, near Cape Cornwall. Weeee! So many cars on tiny lanes! There was a lot of stopping and backing and waving, and even flowers from the hedges dipping into the car as we had to hug the sides of the narrow lanes so closely. Fun fact, amigos: with a left-hand drive car in the UK, you can go flower picking at the same time as waiting in traffic - at least in Cornbeefwall!

We finally got to Botallack and then went walking. It was all beautiful, claro qué sí, but a teeeeeny bit boring for this Señor until around a corner in the path came DAISY! A black Labrador girl wearing a pink bandana - qué amor! Love at first sight! We had a mutual sniff and then we played and played.

It turns out that Daisy is also a top model and ‘Instagram famous’ too. I do not know what that means, except now I think I should be Instagram famous as well. ML must get with the times!

ML and Daisy’s human talked for nearly an hour while we played. He is German but had lived in Manchester for 20 years, so they went on and on in German about all sorts of things while Daisy and I did More Important Things. He also gave me water and treats. Qué hombre simpatico , what a nice guy!

Then we headed down to the tin mine engine houses hanging on a cliff. We have been to Botallack many times, but never to those house ruins as ML did not think she could make it down or up the steep path , even with my help. But lately she is shrinking and getting fitter so when I said, “Let us try!”, she said “OK, let’s!” and we set off down the path.

But along the path was a man, a bicycle, and a very guapo and fluffy towel. Oooooo, qué bien! The man asked to pet me and that was all the invitation I needed: I gave a little turn and settled myself on his fluffy towel and used his legs as a pillow for my handsome head.

ML was a bit appalled - and I think also a bit jealous - but the man thought I was very charming and maybe wanted to keep me. He talked and talked and talked - he was local so had many interesting tourist tips for us, but finally ML said, “OK Carbón, give it up because we are going to see if we can see those engine houses without falling off the cliff!”

And so we did, and we made it, and you KNOW that I modelled my leeeeetle heart out like the super estrella that I am. If you have gotten this far, muchas gracias…and you deserve some photos. Ojalá!

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Doing my best super estrella modelling with the tin mine ruins at Botallack.
IMG_9131.jpeg

IMG_9146.jpeg

Meeting Daisy was THE BEST.
IMG_9160.jpeg

Our walking goal was these two engine house ruins.
IMG_9168.jpeg

But along the way, I had a lovely rest on a new amigo’s towel.
IMG_9176.jpeg

We made it to the bottom of the cliff!
IMG_9196.jpeg
IMG_9208.jpeg

Then we had a wander on the clifftops.
IMG_9227.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

And finally here is ML trying for an artsy shot in the National Trust car park. As you the humans say, “I nailed it.” Qué bien!

IMG_9243.jpeg