Try-out for SE & EA Rally Team

Joy

This was an online competition open to anyone, but also a try-out for next year's South-East and East Anglia Crufts Rally Team. I was very pleased with our score of 199 which gave us third place. Almost certainly won't be quite good enough to be offered a place on the team but I was happy with our effort. We are in Level 2 because we had to enter the level we would be at in a real-life competition, but the rules allowed us to compete off-lead (whereas in real-life levels 1 and 2 have to be on-lead.)

Well done , that is a good score no wonder you are pleased.
Your hard work paying off!
I'd love to find someone local who could just start me off .
Even if you don't think you are good enough for the team it's good to set yourself against the standard isn't it ? Sort of gives you a marker.

Reactions: Joy

Beanwood

Administrator
So inspiring! Thank you for sharing. :clap:

I am thinking of doing something like with Bramble and Otter :) I am not very precise in my training, this is see very much with Otter, who really like to know exactly what to do so not a very forgiving student!

Reactions: Joy

Joy

@Beanwood Do have a go - I think it should fit well with your gundog training, or at least shouldn't be detrimental to that in any way.
The Kennel Club rules and regs are here: https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/media/3468/rally-s-regulations.pdf Scroll down to page 24 to find the signs and exercise descriptions. The dog always walks on the handler's left side. You pass all signs on the handler's right, (except for figure of 8, serpentine, spiral left and go around distractions) and change of direction signs which are put directly in the handler's path.