When you suddenly have to lower your criteria....

Beanwood

Administrator
On this memory retrieve, I was initially asking for a nice and neat delivery to hand, with waiting on cue at the outset with Benson. I do aim for quiet handling, meaning keeping verbal and whistled cues to a minimum if possible. In this case I had to really work at getting Otter back at all! It is an untidy delivery....BUT what a HUGE and challenging distraction that I only picked up when watching her run out. A person walking a dog, you can just see their shadowy figure to the left of the clip walking close to the treeline. :facepalm: Otter LOVES other dogs, which actually I quite like as they are (hopefully) accompanied by their owner so by default building a nice history of positive reinforcement with people.

My criteria had to drop to "I will be happy if she ever comes back to me with said dummy!" But she does!!! So happy with my pocket chocolate rocket, and what a good boy Benson was!

It was a lovely walk though, fresh, cold and sunny!

Beanwood

Administrator
@Beanwood, well done, she stuck to the job in hand, even if she did deviate a little, I would be very pleased with her.
Yes I was, I had a better view watching her, she paused watching the walker and dog, really thought she was going to run over to them! I caught an instant of hesitation as she paused .... then whistled like mad to try and bring her in. I didn't expect her to come back tbh. The other day she was a little hell raiser with a sprocker!