Megs Boosters (2)

Wish me luck. She's had her 2 doses of gabapentin & trazadone. She seems very slightly subdued, but still barking out of the window & begging for porridge. we're off to the vets in 15 minutes, with Meg's mate and neighbour, L from Dog School - she's confident everything will be OK. I, on the other hand, have a pit in my stomach.
 
well that was easy!

I let L take Meg's lead and when they walked in the vet was ready at the door, said hello and befriended her really quickly and shoved the needle in before Meg realised where she was!

She let the vet give her a brief examination, including stethoscope (never managed before), a bit of a feel and a squeeze of a (growing) fatty lump which we all agreed to leave alone.

L took the muzzle off and her and the vet continued to fuss and feed Meg gravy bones, which she happily accepted. Result!

She's such a dear little thing, she's succumbing to the drugs now, but I think they definitely helped her.
 

HAH

Moderator
Location
Devon, UK
well that was easy!

I let L take Meg's lead and when they walked in the vet was ready at the door, said hello and befriended her really quickly and shoved the needle in before Meg realised where she was!

She let the vet give her a brief examination, including stethoscope (never managed before), a bit of a feel and a squeeze of a (growing) fatty lump which we all agreed to leave alone.

L took the muzzle off and her and the vet continued to fuss and feed Meg gravy bones, which she happily accepted. Result!

She's such a dear little thing, she's succumbing to the drugs now, but I think they definitely helped her.
Hooray!! Well done to Meg for being brave, and huge, huge kudos to you Sue for also being brave and making a strong plan. I’m glad it all worked out as you wanted, and this is a positive session banked which will only help next time. Brava all round :clap:
 
well that was easy!

I let L take Meg's lead and when they walked in the vet was ready at the door, said hello and befriended her really quickly and shoved the needle in before Meg realised where she was!

She let the vet give her a brief examination, including stethoscope (never managed before), a bit of a feel and a squeeze of a (growing) fatty lump which we all agreed to leave alone.

L took the muzzle off and her and the vet continued to fuss and feed Meg gravy bones, which she happily accepted. Result!

She's such a dear little thing, she's succumbing to the drugs now, but I think they definitely helped her.

Oh hooray!! I held my breath as a scrolled down to see how it went.

Hope the drugs don't knock her around too much. I always found that Ella fought the Trazadone and gabapentin so much that she was knocked out for the rest of the day.
 
Just love that photo of her draped over your legs. Feeling safe and so comfortable with you. ā¤ It warms my heart seeing our dogs having their safe space with their humans.
 
Top