A trial run for Reuben

I think it's a really good idea Kate. I've been thinking that I should do the same thing, I do worry about who would look after her if I was taken ill. My son and daughter both love her greatly, but at their ages are taken up with full time jobs so it wouldn't be that easy for them.

HAH

It’s an excellent idea Kate. It’s one thing that concerns me, we have (very) limited options of walkers/sitters here, and because Kipper’s lead walking is erratic and I wouldn’t want anyone pulling him about - and vice versa - I can’t see an alternative. Hopefully we’ll improve before that’s needed...

It’s a great idea, we found a local dog walker who takes Pepper out once a week, not because we need him walked now but simply in case we do in future. He absolutely loves his walk with Lucy and a couple of doggy pals each week and it’s good to know that if we did need him walking more frequently then we have someone we trust and he is happy to spend time with.

Reuben had his first meeting with Anna this morning when she popped in to say Hello . He was his usual enthusiastic self , she thought he was lovely and would fit in nicely with the dogs she walks . She is coming here on Friday , to run through what she does and then he will have his first walk with her next Monday which will most likely be in her enclosed field , to test his recall with her and play some games with three other dogs , all Labs including her own . Feeling a little wobbly about it to be honest , I liked Anna a lot , just hoping the lad will be alright away from us :fingers:

HAH

Reuben had his first meeting with Anna this morning when she popped in to say Hello . He was his usual enthusiastic self , she thought he was lovely and would fit in nicely with the dogs she walks . She is coming here on Friday , to run through what she does and then he will have his first walk with her next Monday which will most likely be in her enclosed field , to test his recall with her and play some games with three other dogs , all Labs including her own . Feeling a little wobbly about it to be honest , I liked Anna a lot , just hoping the lad will be alright away from us :fingers:
This sounds really promising, well done Kate - and fingers crossed that Reuben has a super time! I think feeling wobbly is entirely understandable, I'm the same - but it's all looking promising and once you've got the first time out of the way it'll be easier next time. And he's a gorgeous boy :)

Are you planning on joining them to see firsthand how it goes? I’d also be feeling wobbly!!
If it was a walk , then I might do but as its in a privately owned enclosed field , then no . I am happy that Anna knows to call me if Reuben is at all upset or anxious . It is a massive deal for me because after what happened to me last year , I need to have a contingency plan in place as Paul could not give Reuben what he needs .

Anna came again today , to go through what she does with the dogs , show me her insurance policy and all the other boring stuff . I was everso pleased with Reuben , he was well behaved :happy: He adores her and she thinks he a grand . So , next Friday he is having his first session, in her field for safety and with three other dogs for company , he will have two hours unless he is distressed at all in which case she will ring us immediately . I guess I have a week to chicken out but will try my hardest not to xxxx

I’m so glad you both seem to like her. I honestly wouldn’t do without my dog walker........good ones are hard to find!
Absolutely! Today before I met up with a couple of people, we saw our dogwalker on a path with 3 dogs. Monty was overjoyed to see her, after we'd had a little chat she went off in the opposite direction. I had to put Monty on the lead to stop him following her. He then threw a complete hissy fit that he couldn't go with her, to the point he was whining, crying, pulling like a 9 month old teenager. However I put this poor behaviour in some perspective, he loves being with them, and would happily have abandoned me to walk with her and 3 doggies! This makes me feel better knowing that he certainly loves them arriving at the door whenever we are out at work. Not jealous , no :sealedlips:😀😀

No, don’t chicken out, Kate. Mine are walked by my dog walker once a week when I’m out all day. I know that if I ever had to leave them longer than I would like I could ask her to take them out. It wouldn’t seem strange to them because they already know her and it’s good to have that peace of mind that there’s someone who can walk them if necessary, particularly when you’re normally the only person responsible for doing so.