Primrose Puppy Log

She will for sure be the troublemaker! Next week's class has another lab puppy, so fingers crossed that lab is on par or sliiiightly more over the top.

Primrose is driving me insane today - it's not even noon and she was up at 4am for a poo, has chewed the water bowl, gave me a bloody nose, went mental in her crate, digging and chewing the tray and bars, scratching the cabinets and table trying to jump up, stealing everything from Quinn and just general barking when she doesn't get her way. Quinn has quit her job - left with OH on a car ride.

12 weeks yesterday and 24.7lbs! That’s only 3.7lbs bigger than Quinn at the same age but she just seems so huge. Today she had her first puke 😆 she’s really gotten the hang of “leave it” and now will drop most things for a treat. Her giardia is not fully cleared but she’s no longer shedding cysts (not “contagious”) and it’s very mild. her poops are completely normal and much less frequent. The vet wants her immune system to try and resolve things fully rather than more meds, so she’s on a probiotic for a few weeks. Most days accident free and it’s fully our fault if she has a pee inside - she cries at the door but I take her out every hour anyway. OH messed up last night while I was walking Quinn 😠
At the moment she’s having crazy zoomies and just leap into me a bit hard (among other things she’s running into).

B925EF27-2DE5-46F2-90E3-666E6984C0AA.jpeg7883FB6E-7F56-4022-8807-98F864659695.jpegD9ADFDB7-7CAE-4257-879C-357491303F44.jpeg

Prim now 13 weeks old. She did great at 2nd puppy class on the weekend - was in with the larger puppies though she was again the youngest. She did not like playing with the rougher bigger dogs, and it made me realize how gentle Quinn is in playing with her. There was a boy red fox lab just a few days older, and she would likely have had a ball with him, but he was playing with the rougher dogs, so Prim went to say hello to all the humans instead :rofl:. We've gone days since her last accident and have settled into a 10pm-6:30-7am sleeping which is amazing. She will also settle in her crate very easily any time of day, and is fine if we are in different parts of the house or outside, so this week we are starting some alone time to see how she reacts. Unfortunately she has hurt her leg - they run around the deck stairs in circles playing chase and as she was coming out from underneath yesterday we don't know if she slipped, hit something or what but she was screaming and holding up her right leg. We couldn't get into the vet until today, and since she didn't seem in acute pain so I am resting her with no play or running. She is still limping and I think it might be her shoulder. I hope it's nothing serious.