Simba the Downtown Dog

Lisa

So....we have recently purchased a condo in the city as a place for OH to stay while he works in the city (about 2 hrs away to downtown, which is where he works). One of the perks of the job is that they pay the monthly payments (up to a certain amount, phew). When he first got the job he rented an apartment as we didn’t have the finances for a down payment. It was on the 15th floor of the apartment. I took Simba there once - he did great with the elevator, surprisingly, but it wasn’t ideal as it’s hard to pop him out for a wee when you are in the 15th floor.
Seeing as hubby’s work means that for certain times throughout the year he’s in the city 3-4 days/week, we decided that we would now buy a condo a little closer to his work, where we could bring Simba, so that I could join him more often.
We just got moved in last week, and last night we did a trial run with the pooch.
We have a ground floor condo, which means we can just go out on our patio and exit onto the street from there. But the nice thing is that, although we are right in the heart of downtown, we are literally half a block away from a nice park which in turn connects up to the river valley, which runs right through the heart of downtown. There’s KMs if walking trails all through there. Whoop!
Simba did well...he was definitely unsettled being in a new place, but I hope that will fade once he gets used to it more. I was worried that the noise from the lobby (right outside our door) of people coming and going might make him bark, but although he definitely took note, no barking, phew. He’s a very quiet dog, generally, so I’m not too worried. So...he will now get a chance to play Downtown Dog as a break from his regular gig as Small Town Dog...will keep you posted as to how it goes...:happy: B)

PS we went to the Elton John Farewell Tour last night in the city...wow great show!! :rock:

Lisa

It all sounds wonderful @Lisa , and yes a massive improvement on a 15th floor ! Lucky you going to the concert , well envious ! xxxx
It was SUCH a great concert...I’ve always wanted so see him live, so I figured I’d better get the chance while I could. :nod: We had tickets pretty much as far away from the stage as you could possibly get, so thankfully he had big screens :rofl:

Atemas

UK Tour Guide
Elton John was due to come to our city a number of years ago. I love his voice and songs so I got tickets which took a lot of time. He then cancelled for no apparent reason and his concert was never rescheduled. I was so miffed at the time

We saw Elton John in Andorra on one of his many previous farewell tours ( :D ) a few years back. He was great, but seemed to really struggle moving around the stage. His voice and piano skills still top-notch, though.

I’m sure Simba will settle as it becomes more normal for him. You’re lucky he’s a quiet dog :)

Jacqui-S

We saw Elton John too quite a number of years ago. He played a lot of instrumental stuff and very little popular stuff so I kind of went off him a bit as a result. It was a football stadium venue and he WASN'T playing for the crowds in my opinion.
In contrast, he was supported by Billy Joel who was superb live, and not someone I would ever have thought about going to see.

Lisa

We saw Elton John too quite a number of years ago. He played a lot of instrumental stuff and very little popular stuff so I kind of went off him a bit as a result. It was a football stadium venue and he WASN'T playing for the crowds in my opinion.
In contrast, he was supported by Billy Joel who was superb live, and not someone I would ever have thought about going to see.
I saw Billy Joel live a few years ago and it ranks up there with one of the best concerts I have seen. Mind you, I actually don’t get to a lot, so there’s that...:sneaky:

I don’t generally do concerts, but Green Day at Palau de St Jordi in Barcelona was amazing! My favourite band, and people at concerts in Spain are so polite, we could walk right up to the stage and back as we wished, without having to push our way through. Brilliant atmosphere.

Oh, I also went to a 24hr concert in Empuriabrava a few years back with loads of up and coming bands and a few old timers. Saw Iggy Pop (ewwwwww!) and REM (amazing!), in front of about 2000 people. Beer €1 a pop.

Lucky Simba having a nice new neighbourhood to explore, it sounds great for you all.

Not an Elton fan I'm afraid, he played in Colchester once but I wasn't tempted.

Not an Elton fan I'm afraid, he played in Colchester once but I wasn't tempted.
I'm not really a fan either, but him coming to teeny tiny Andorra was pretty monumental, so I figured we should go see him. It was quite last minute, as he suddenly decided to add it to his tour, to make it a round 100 countries he was visiting. It was in the sports centre in Andorra La Vella (the capital) and it was so incredibly hot, they were having to move people to different areas to stop them passing out. Horribly uncomfortable even before the music started, but I think in some ways that added to the atmosphere, as we were all in it together. I went with a huge group of friends, which also made it a great night :)

Lisa

The only other really big name concerts I’ve been to are Bryan Adams (saw him last year - absolutely fab!) and John Denver (also absolutely fab - my first concert ever back in 1980).