Sweetcorn - What's the point?

Does anyone know if it is worth including sweetcorn in our doggies' meals?

I have started adding it to Maisy's veg portion but it comes out again in perfect condition, not at all digested.
Now her poo is just full of knobbly yellow corn, should I not bother?
(I am not including a photo)

I don't know if mashing will alter the digestion of it, just make the poo less knobbly, worth a try though. I have to be very sneaky with veggies, she is so picky.

Veg is good for the gut biome. Gut bacteria can break down the fibre and create a favorable environment for good health. Also, the fibre might be helping the passage of poo. Not everything we eat needs to be absorbed to be beneficial.

But with corn, it’s usually GMO, and if it is digested, it is high in sugar. So perhaps feeding a green veg might be more beneficial? Steamed broccoli, for example.

Veg is good for the gut biome. Gut bacteria can break down the fibre and create a favorable environment for good health. Also, the fibre might be helping the passage of poo. Not everything we eat needs to be absorbed to be beneficial.

But with corn, it’s usually GMO, and if it is digested, it is high in sugar. So perhaps feeding a green veg might be more beneficial? Steamed broccoli, for example.
So replacing it would be the best bet then, she already likes broccoli, also cauli, sprouts, peas and sweet potato.

Thanks for that info, I'm thinking she likes it because it has that sweetness but the sweet potato also has that so if the other veg is hidden in that then it should be enough. (Sorry about the amount of 'its' and 'that' in that sentence)

The home cooking group I’m on advocates pureeing all veggies as dogs have short digestive tracts and so don’t digest vegetables well unless you increase the surface area by blitzing. I have to admit I don’t do this, I just cook until very soft and I don’t see any evidence coming out the other end! I don’t feed sweet corn, but the outer husk is pretty tough so it doesn’t surprise me that it comes out whole.

The home cooking group I’m on advocates pureeing all veggies
Just a question on sweet potatoes whilst we are on the subject.
I have been dicing, blanching and freezing, then defrost to eat and they are almost puree in their consistency, so is this the best way to give them?

It's interesting about breaking up the surface area, did not know that, you live and learn - hopefully!

Just a question on sweet potatoes whilst we are on the subject.
I have been dicing, blanching and freezing, then defrost to eat and they are almost puree in their consistency, so is this the best way to give them?

It's interesting about breaking up the surface area, did not know that, you live and learn - hopefully!
Yep, that sounds fine. As I said, I don't puree, but do cook until they're nice and soft. I figure the proof is in the poo :D

and tons of sweetcorn
Niiiiiice! :speaktothehand: