The Moors

I`m working hard on getting the lad used to seeing and being amongst livestock . He has always had a penchant for chasing deer which I am slowly managing to curb by giving him his beloved chuck it ball to chase instead . I took him onto Bodmin Moor on Friday evening when it was cool , on his lead of course , and we walked around lots of sheep , me telling him what a good lad he was for looking at me and not them . Then we came upon this little herd of wild ponies , he was interested but not wildly so , so we ambled past them without too much bother , shame my camera strap got in on the act ! There is a lovely old pub a mile or so from here , where we can sit outside with a drink and a field full of sheep next to the beer garden ! For a first time in this environment he did pretty well , we will do it again very soon xSAM_6854.JPG

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Good job both of you and love seeing the wild ponies. I'm glad you're back on your long walks again after the big scare you had. :)

I'm so lucky that Carbon doesn't give a fig about any kind of livestock. The very first day I walked him at the shelter he went ballistic upon seeing cows, and the very next day he just said, "Meh" and has said "Meh" every day since. He's interested but is happy giving a look and a sniff and done with it. And of course he loves sheep as they provide the delicious bounty of sheep poo.

Duncan loved horses. Poor Brogan was terrified of them. Took years to get him to ignore them. So many phobias, that boy.

the first time Squidge saw one, she started play bowing at it like, well, a Luna-tic. :D
That I would have loved to have seen!