Dipping my toe into making my own dog food.

Canagan.

It’s a tough one because he really likes it, has a lovely coat, perfect poos and it keeps him a good weight.

So although it’s expensive I think we do see a lot of benefits from it.
Gosh Jen it's really expensive £80 for 12kg? Don't dogs eat what their given? Mine do :) Other dog foods have good ingredients too. Nothing wrong with poo here on Skinners, all as it should be!! Adding daily salmon oil which is not expensive keeps their coats shiny, good for joints, eyes, brain etc. I buy 1 litre bottles for about £10 which lasts 3 months for 2 dogs.

It's all personal preference and budget. xx

Gosh Jen it's really expensive £80 for 12kg? Don't dogs eat what their given? Mine do :) Other dog foods have good ingredients too. Nothing wrong with poo here on Skinners, all as it should be!! Adding daily salmon oil which is not expensive keeps their coats shiny, good for joints, eyes, brain etc. I buy 1 litre bottles for about £10 which lasts 3 months for 2 dogs.

It's all personal preference and budget. xx
We get £68 for 12kg. So it works out £34 a month which isn’t too bad really.

Stanley would 100% eat anything he was given but he does have a sensitive stomach and when he was a puppy we tried a few different foods and he always had an unsettled stomach. Since he’s been on this he’s been fine so I’m probably saving a fortune in vets visits to be fair 🤣

Since he’s been on this he’s been fine so I’m probably saving a fortune in vets visits to be fair
Yes, I thought along those lines when I read your post :)

I too like to get my dog food locally, I'm lucky to have 2 or 3 suppliers accessible to me. The prices can vary from shop even there, with one sticking to the recommended retail price and another selling the same food for £6.00 less, so it might be worth shopping around. Also the food that I use runs a loyalty card scheme meaning I get every eighth bag free, even if I pay full price with that it works out equivalent to purchasing online , over time. It might be worth enquiring?

kateincornwall

Along with Reubs, Nelly also loves Skinners Field and Trial which amuses me no end , a 15 kilo sack of either the Salmon and Rice or Duck and Rice lasts them about 6 weeks, but I do add a topper to it . Strangely , I buy whichever of the two is on offer and they never suffer any upset tums from flitting from one to the other x