Jacqui-S
Moderator
- Location
- Fife, Scotland
OK, so after being worried about Lilly almost choking on a bit of beef scalp a couple of months back - it was stuck in the roof of her mouth, possibly some down her throat....not exactly choking perhaps, but not quite the prolonged chew I was expecting - thought I would try turkey necks as she has always enjoyed a meaty bone from the butcher.
Saw the turkey necks in the raw food freezer at an independent pet shop. 2 pretty good sized necks for £2.
Anyway, defrosted for about an hour or so (the recommended was 2 hours) and sent her out with it when the rain went off. She licked it abit and gave it a chew but it pretty much went right down her gullet.
Kind of expecting it to come up again.
I guess at least she didn't choke on it.
Is this normal????
I made sure she was undisturbed in the garden, so in theory, no hurry for her to eat it.
I would welcome your advice Raw Feeders.
Saw the turkey necks in the raw food freezer at an independent pet shop. 2 pretty good sized necks for £2.
Anyway, defrosted for about an hour or so (the recommended was 2 hours) and sent her out with it when the rain went off. She licked it abit and gave it a chew but it pretty much went right down her gullet.
Kind of expecting it to come up again.
I guess at least she didn't choke on it.
Is this normal????
I made sure she was undisturbed in the garden, so in theory, no hurry for her to eat it.
I would welcome your advice Raw Feeders.


