Ahem - I see your cashmere jumper and raise you a carpet...
Normally we shut the baby gate to the study as Mr Hairytoes (Kipper, not OH) still likes to have a carpet scratch when he’s sleepy, and the one in the study is his favourite. Last night I went to bed before OH and Kipper. OH fell asleep on the sofa and we hadn’t shut the baby gate, so this is what I found this morning:

Happily gaffer tape has allowed a temporary bodge, and we’ll add it to the long list of areas to re-floor...
Normally we shut the baby gate to the study as Mr Hairytoes (Kipper, not OH) still likes to have a carpet scratch when he’s sleepy, and the one in the study is his favourite. Last night I went to bed before OH and Kipper. OH fell asleep on the sofa and we hadn’t shut the baby gate, so this is what I found this morning:

Happily gaffer tape has allowed a temporary bodge, and we’ll add it to the long list of areas to re-floor...

But actually, the carpet hadn't been laid very well (it was a cheapy remnant deal) - there was very little 'tuck' down the sides, and it already smells damp with mildew under the bookcase so he's probably done us a favour
.