My Labrador Friends Book Club - Fiction Choice

snowbunny

Administrator
I recently listened to Where the Crawdads Sing on Audible. I had heard rave reviews of this book, so I decided to give it a listen as I have loads of credits in my account.
It's really not my usual sort of thing, however I found it quite soothing to listen to at first, and the story slowly drew me in as it progressed. By the end, it had totally won me over. It's a truly beautiful story, and wonderfully performed in the audio version.

Joy

@Candy Oh yes I read that last year and loved it too. Have you read 'Possession' (A.S. Byatt)? The story-telling parts of 'Once upon a River' reminded me of a section of 'Possession' with story-telling on winter nights in Brittany and the legend of Melusine. (If you haven't read 'Possession', it's possibly the best book ever!)

I'm reading a really intriguing crime / metafiction novel called 'After She Wrote Him' by Sulari Gentill.

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
@Candy Oh yes I read that last year and loved it too. Have you read 'Possession' (A.S. Byatt)? The story-telling parts of 'Once upon a River' reminded me of a section of 'Possession' with story-telling on winter nights in Brittany and the legend of Melusine. (If you haven't read 'Possession', it's possibly the best book ever!)

I'm reading a really intriguing crime / metafiction novel called 'After She Wrote Him' by Sulari Gentill.
I read 'Possession ' years ago when it was newly published. I absolutely loved it and thought it was one of the best books I had ever read. It made me want to have a piece of Whitby jet, so I went on holiday there and bought a jet ring that I still wear. It might be time to re- read that book!

Reactions: Joy