Not sure this is the right place.

So sorry your family aren’t there to help you. Do you have some friends to help? Or anyone to shepherd you through all the necessary details? It can be a lot of decisions and paperwork, etc.
I am managing on the whole, the bank have a booklet on what to do and I have instructed the solicitor to do Probate, otherwise I have been running around like a headless chicken. I have organised the funeral and the wake, changed one utility into my name, arranged to have the house and contents valued, been to bank and building societies, registered the death etc etc etc!

I am managing on the whole, the bank have a booklet on what to do and I have instructed the solicitor to do Probate, otherwise I have been running around like a headless chicken. I have organised the funeral and the wake, changed one utility into my name, arranged to have the house and contents valued, been to bank and building societies, registered the death etc etc etc!
I know you’ve said you’ve instructed a solicitor but I’m trained in probate so if you’re unsure of anything or have any questions please just message me x

running around like a headless chicken
It really must feel like that....and you'll be feeling just plain tired and worn out too. There's not a lot to make any of this easier, but try to tell yourself you really don't need to do everything immediately. Get some sleep whenever you are able, whatever time of day it is, and try to take time out for yourself. And any time you want to talk, we're here.
This will pass, you will get out the other end of it. We'll be there, too, waiting for you.

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
I know it feels like everything needs doing immediately, but there are probably some things that can wait. The hospital gave me a very useful leaflet that I seem to remember was called 'Once'. It gave a list of what needed to be done and a 'phone number to ring. The idea is that you ring the number with the relevant information and they inform all the people (e.g. Council Tax, utility companies etc) for you, so that you only have to make the call once. I found that saved me from a lot of added stress. Don't know if anyone's given you this or anything similar.
Thinking of you a lot at this time. Do take care of yourself.:hug: