Poorly Reuben

Reubs was quite a poorly boy last night , he was so down and flat , but during the night he only coughed once or twice and seems more bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, ate his breakfast with his usual enthusiasm . He is sleepy though , content to just doze on his bed or beside me on the sofa . Nelly seems fine so far , long may this last xxxx

Lambies for Nelly keeping well :thelambiesarecoming: , I'm sure Reuben will be fine being a fit young lad. Interesting about the tennis ball, we are often finding and losing balls in equal measure where we have our regular walk.

It really is ironic that we have walked in almost totally isolated places and yet he has picked up this nasty virus , the ball being the only thing that both us and our Vet can put it down to . It surprises me that so many people think a dog has to be in kennels to pick up kennel cough , somewhere ours have never been to . I`m sure he will be fine , I`m quite happy that he is resting so much xx

Bit of a dilemma . I always google medications , both for us and the dogs just to check on possible side effects . The NSAI that the Vet gave me for Reuben is called Onsior , instructions to give him one per day for seven days . When I looked it up , both the manufacturer and Vet pages said not to be given for more than three days , tomorrow is day three so I dont know what the heck to do after that . I hate the thought of questioning this at the Vets but on the other hand I certainly dont want to cause Reubs any further issues or risk further trouble for him , not sure what to do now xx

Bit of a dilemma . I always google medications , both for us and the dogs just to check on possible side effects . The NSAI that the Vet gave me for Reuben is called Onsior , instructions to give him one per day for seven days . When I looked it up , both the manufacturer and Vet pages said not to be given for more than three days , tomorrow is day three so I dont know what the heck to do after that . I hate the thought of questioning this at the Vets but on the other hand I certainly dont want to cause Reubs any further issues or risk further trouble for him , not sure what to do now xx
Douglas was onsior for years combined with tramadol for his pain. You can always ring the vet on Monday.

Lisa

Interestingly enough, I read an article this morning about vets here warning of an uptick of kennel cough. They attributed it to people not taking their dogs in for their regular vaccinations/kennel cough treatment because of Corona, and also because of encroachment of coyotes into more urban areas. You won’t have to worry about #2 there, but #1 is likely to be the case so there just might be more infected dogs around these days.

Yes definitely call the vet about the dose. Vets see so many dogs—might be tired. Anyone can make a mistake. They’d be mortified if they gave the wrong instructions and you followed them. I’m sure they’d appreciate your questioning.