Remembering Lily today

Nine years , how can this be ? Our tiny little Jack Russell left us on this day .
Lily and her brother Paddy were rescued from an appalling life , this was when we lived in France . We drove 170 miles to fetch them and give them some much needed veterinary help and much love . The farm where they had lived was a shambles , lots of dogs , seemingly all interbreeding , a friend in the area had alerted me to the situation .
Both pups had medical problems , Paddy had a deformed spine and only made it to two years of age , Lily had stunted growth and a brain tumour but oh my goodness , they were loved well and truly . Our French Vet couldnt understand why we had taken them into our heart and home , but someone had to . At least they had a loving home with us , Lily made it to seven years old when her tumour began to cause cluster seizures which couldnt be controlled . They both came back to the UK with us , sadly little Paddy died soon afterwards, but Lily managed another few years , most of them being Mothered by our then Labrador Tess who adored her . Bless you little girl , never forgotten x
100_2257.jpg

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
She's beautiful, Kate, and you telling her story has made those onion Ninjas come out for me this morning. Lily and Paddy were so lucky to have found you, Paul and Tess.

And do I recognise your favourite spot at Golitha being enjoyed by smiley Lily? ❤

And another anniversary comes around . This little girl was so gutsy , lovely temperament and full of the love of life . It so saddens me that the hell hole we rescued her and her brother Paddy from was over run with little dogs, if only we could have taken more . Thinking of you today our little love xxxxxxxxxx