Spencer - Guide Dog 🐾

Boogie

Latest ‘report’ from Terry and Spencer -

Good evening everyone.

I hopeyou are all safe, well snd happy

Spencer, myself and my partner decided we would pip into Harrogate yesterday - reason being - we have been having drive thru Costa coffee for the last week or two - and one of my apps notified me that Cafe Nero was now open for takeaway coffee 🙂

Cafe Nero is the king of coffee ( to me haha ) , Harrogate is beautiful and also home to Bettys Tea Room - so, it wasnt a dofficult decision, and it would have been rude not to go with all of that on offer haha.

It was a beautiful sunny day for the most part, so we parked yp and walked down the stray and duly pipped into Cafe Nero formour drinks - Cappucino for me, Chai Latte for my other half and a cup
Of chilled water for the star of the day Spencer.

We sat on the grass, spencer had a great roll around and enjoyed sun bathing. The atmosphere was lovely and it wasn’t too busy at all. People were respectful, keeping at a distance and the whole atmosphere was great.

We then went to Bettys Tea Room. There was a short queue, with a member of staff on thw door. I disnt realise there was a tope line to queue behind and so was stood at the wrong side of it, in the middle
Of the pavement lol. The young lady staff member was wonderful, asking me If I could just take a few atrides to my Left, and she was very complimentary about Spencer.

She guided us inside and explained that we just needed to walk straight ahead to the counter and a lady would get anytbing we needed. Could not have asked for better service.

Spencer has got quite doggie distracted of late, and totally tried to lurch over to a couple of little Pooches. Bearing in mind of course, he is just on leash, not harness. I think also, he hasnt been exposed as much as he would have been for the last three Months to other dogs on his everyday journeys due to corona. I‘m Sure that my GDMI will be able to get this sorted when we recommence training.

We went to see relatives and had tea in their garden, Spencer mwt thwir two littlw doggies and entertained himself chewing on plastic milk bottles lol

As we were leaving, the heavens opened up, it thundered and lightened and rained heavily. But Spencer dosnt bat an eyelid.

It was a full day out, which we havent really done with Spencer befor now, and he was well and truly zonked aftwr his dinner - slept like a baby 🙂

953366CA-0263-460F-BA6A-64CD76F203AA.jpeg

What a lovely man and wonderful home he is giving to Spencer. And of course good boy, Spencer. ❤

I think all of us with lockdown-ified socially deprived dogs who now get WAY more excited about seeing other dogs can be somewhat relieved that it also affects a highly trained guide dog like Spencer. That will help me not pull the rest of my hair out the next time Carbon goes willy-nilly across the beach at even an 'imagined' canine playmate*!

*Yes, Carbon did that the other day to some poor lady who was walking by herself on the beach. He couldn't believe a human was there without a dog, so ran off towards her anyway. When he got there and saw there WAS not dog, started barking at her. Human? Without dog? Alert! Alert! Clearly a serial killer on the loose! Argh. Lots of apologies ensued. 😬

Latest ‘report’ from Terry and Spencer -

Good evening everyone.

I hopeyou are all safe, well snd happy

Spencer, myself and my partner decided we would pip into Harrogate yesterday - reason being - we have been having drive thru Costa coffee for the last week or two - and one of my apps notified me that Cafe Nero was now open for takeaway coffee 🙂

Cafe Nero is the king of coffee ( to me haha ) , Harrogate is beautiful and also home to Bettys Tea Room - so, it wasnt a dofficult decision, and it would have been rude not to go with all of that on offer haha.

It was a beautiful sunny day for the most part, so we parked yp and walked down the stray and duly pipped into Cafe Nero formour drinks - Cappucino for me, Chai Latte for my other half and a cup
Of chilled water for the star of the day Spencer.

We sat on the grass, spencer had a great roll around and enjoyed sun bathing. The atmosphere was lovely and it wasn’t too busy at all. People were respectful, keeping at a distance and the whole atmosphere was great.

We then went to Bettys Tea Room. There was a short queue, with a member of staff on thw door. I disnt realise there was a tope line to queue behind and so was stood at the wrong side of it, in the middle
Of the pavement lol. The young lady staff member was wonderful, asking me If I could just take a few atrides to my Left, and she was very complimentary about Spencer.

She guided us inside and explained that we just needed to walk straight ahead to the counter and a lady would get anytbing we needed. Could not have asked for better service.

Spencer has got quite doggie distracted of late, and totally tried to lurch over to a couple of little Pooches. Bearing in mind of course, he is just on leash, not harness. I think also, he hasnt been exposed as much as he would have been for the last three Months to other dogs on his everyday journeys due to corona. I‘m Sure that my GDMI will be able to get this sorted when we recommence training.

We went to see relatives and had tea in their garden, Spencer mwt thwir two littlw doggies and entertained himself chewing on plastic milk bottles lol

As we were leaving, the heavens opened up, it thundered and lightened and rained heavily. But Spencer dosnt bat an eyelid.

It was a full day out, which we havent really done with Spencer befor now, and he was well and truly zonked aftwr his dinner - slept like a baby 🙂

View attachment 16511
Please will you pass this on the next time you have contact with Spencer's family
It was lovely to read about Spencer's visit to my home town, Harrogate. The town has had quite a bit of bad press recently with social distancing or lack of it. Glad you enjoyed it, wished I had been up town, I might have seen you.. Well done Betty's

Boogie

What a lovely man and wonderful home he is giving to Spencer. And of course good boy, Spencer. ❤

I think all of us with lockdown-ified socially deprived dogs who now get WAY more excited about seeing other dogs can be somewhat relieved that it also affects a highly trained guide dog like Spencer. That will help me not pull the rest of my hair out the next time Carbon goes willy-nilly across the beach at even an 'imagined' canine playmate*!

*Yes, Carbon did that the other day to some poor lady who was walking by herself on the beach. He couldn't believe a human was there without a dog, so ran off towards her anyway. When he got there and saw there WAS not dog, started barking at her. Human? Without dog? Alert! Alert! Clearly a serial killer on the loose! Argh. Lots of apologies ensued. 😬
I‘m having just the same with Echo!

Today we are going to my brother’s farm for the twin’s seventh birthday, we will sit in the gazebo. Echo will hare around with Bryn, my niece’s Springer. It will do him good!

Yes, Carbon did that the other day to some poor lady who was walking by herself on the beach. He couldn't believe a human was there without a dog, so ran off towards her anyway. When he got there and saw there WAS not dog, started barking at her. Human? Without dog? Alert! Alert! Clearly a serial killer on the loose! Argh. Lots of apologies ensued. 😬
This is SO something Maxx would do :hmm: