The Labraventures of Carbón, Spanish (ex-) foster dog extraordinaire

Not being au fait with modern technology I didn't know how to access Google translate!
Google translate: Google Translate

But also I'll just repost Carbon's "literature" from this summer :happy:...

Hola todos!

It is I, Señor Grumpypantalones. I am stompy and harrumphy and grumpy. Roar! Grrr! Pfft, pfft and double pfffft! Why? Because I was too bouncy yesterday running around the carousel and hurt my delicate little paw. ML did not notice at first, but I gave myself away by licking my poor paw to make it better. It was only a flesh wound (si, si, I've always wanted to say that), but oh...vale, ok, I did lick it a little too much and make it a little worse.

Just a little.

Then you know what ML did? She searched and searched and tossed a bunch of things out of the TARDIS up in the air and came back with one of Brogan's boots. Oh dios mio. Brogan was my worthy predecessor and it must be said that he had great taste in footwear. The tiny socks are especially charming. I did not even mind having to wear one of the boots two years ago when I cut my foot in the river. There is, however, a big difference: last time my BACK foot was injured. I only have THEORETICAL back feet, so it did not bother me at all to theoretically wear Brogan's boot. Si, si, logically I know I have four legs, but those back ones do not interest me. They are purely SUPPLEMENTARY, occasionally only THEORETICAL and always of no importance.

But my right front leg? Put a boot on THAT foot? Oh no, no, no and Pfft! ML was so happy with herself, bandaging up my foot, then putting a sock on with the boot. I sat and gave her my best "Can you not see that I am suffering horribly" look. I bowed my head. I slouched my back. I made my sad eyes that I learned from Casper.

ML was so pleased with herself that she didn't even notice my impressive array of canine acting skills. She just clipped on my harness and said happily, "Now we can go out!".

No bueno, mis amigos, no bueno: it is not good, friends. I am the cheerful bouncy one in this relationship, not ML. Changing the status quo is never good.

Then she opens the door and it is WORSE than you can imagine. Not only can I not walk with this THING stuck on my foot, it is raining wet from above. A LOT of wet from above. And it is COLD. Dios mio, have I not suffered enough?

"Let's go, handsome, let's go!" says ML in an irritatingly cheerful manner.

"Over my dead body with his horribly mangled paw," I say with my eyes.

I pitifully limped to just outside our front door and sat down with a thunk.

ML coaxed. She patted me on the head. She finally (and may I say with no dignity whatsoever) pulled on my lead and begged. It mattered not: my answer was "No, no, no y no".

"Fine. Go ahead and explode from the three bowls of water, three meals and FOUR not-butter butter food bombs you've had since you were last out. You'll crack eventually."

Mis amigos, I do not crack. I went back to my crate and I pouted for SIX hours. I did not move. "Liberate my paw!" I wailed. Silently. I wailed silently. That may have been a mistake, because I think ML forgot that I was protesting.

Finally at 4pm, ML said, "OK, you're going out now, you big baby."

Pfft! I am no baby!

I got up, but I held my booted foot up and waggled it pitifully at ML. "Oh, oh, oh, how can I live with this?"

"Go. Outside. Now." said ML.

I did, but I did not go far. I got to the other side of the road and stopped. I knew that ML was cracking. I could see it in her face. I slumped my shoulders and held up my paw. Wiggle? Wiggle, wiggle? Oh poor me, oh, madre de dios, oh, que tristeza, oh the sadness...

"Oh for god's sake, Carbon, you win. Give me your paw." ML peeled off my boot and sock and stuck it in her pocket.

"It is a miracle, I AM HEALED!!!!" I bounced down the cobblestones to my potty tree. Free, free, free at last.

ML may have thumped her head against my potty tree. Or not. I was too busy getting rid of nearly 24 hours of wee. I did not want to admit it to ML, but it was a close call. Things could have gotten embarrassing.

So now I am back home and enjoying my comfy bed and no boot. ML does not have the heart to put it on again. She knows when she has been bested by the bestest Spanish gentleman dog in Germany. Que milagro soy! What a miracle I am!

Oh, que bien, I also just realised that in telling you my story I am also not so grumpy. De hecho, in fact, I'm feeling rather bouncy again. See? That is the power of great literature!

ML told our SD trainer this week that for the New Year she wants to teach me to smile on cue. Pfft! I find this highly insulting. And does she not already understand how very handsome my serious face is? Por favor!

Here I am with a face that ML says makes it look like she just told me that she murdered Monkey and cancelled all the dinners. I think I look like I am simply thinking serious thoughts, no?

IMG_20201121_121350.jpg

pee ess (to borrow @Candy 's term): quick take over by Carbon's ML to say thank you for the kind notes and support on the Coronavirus thread. @Jacqui-S , @Cath , @Lab_adore , @Atemas , @kateincornwall , @Granca , @Selina27 , @Boogie ...very much appreciated. ❤

Well safe journey @Emily_Babbelhund, not sure if its 21 or 28
We still have one more week here in Brittany, leaving early next Saturday. It has been a really quick month. I feel sorry for Carbon having to go into quarantine with me and we will both miss our cliff walks, even if it has only been for one hour a day. But once out of quarantine in Germany, we can go out more frequently and that will be nice. Also will be good to see other humans again. Can't believe I'm saying that, maybe not the hermit I thought I was!

OK, back to you, Carbon. :cooldog:

Lisa

ML told our SD trainer this week that for the New Year she wants to teach me to smile on cue. Pfft! I find this highly insulting. And does she not already understand how very handsome my serious face is? Por favor!

Here I am with a face that ML says makes it look like she just told me that she murdered Monkey and cancelled all the dinners. I think I look like I am simply thinking serious thoughts, no?

View attachment 20156
Blue steel...:cooldog:

@Emily_Babbelhund, Rourke smiles on command :sun: However, Señor Carbon is so handsome he doesn't need to smile.
Rourke's smile is EXCELLENT!

Willow is similar... when she sees the camera, she is pushing me to take photos, she loves it! But she’s also eversoseeryus. It’s a JOB that needs to be done PERFECTLY and that means ultimate CONSENTRAYSHUN.
I honestly think that Carbon likes it too. If I have my camera out taking scenery shots, he'll go and place himself just so and wait - even if I wasn't thinking of taking a photo of him! He's started doing it even when I don't have the camera out. All it takes is me pausing on a walk and enjoying the view. AND he's always so proud of himself after I take a photo and jumps up all happy. But when I'm actually taking the photo: SERIOUS, SERIOUS STUFF. I swear the "you just murdered my best friend" look just keeps getting worse.

I really should just train her to look goofy on cue. It wouldn’t take much!
Please do and film a tutorial. Pretty please??? :fingers:

Rourke can only understand the heel position on one side! Very clever Carbon and clever you for training that.
We've only trained the left side heel position so far, though he does it a bit when we practice 'Switch" in the hallway. His trainer suggested we train them separately so he wouldn't get confused. Or rather so that I wouldn't get confused. Because let's face it, I'm the one who gets confused, not Carbon. 😂