A week at the coast

Rock or sand, just very nice how many are dog-friendly, even year-round. The two month stint in Brittany has really taught me to appreciate (even more) what a dog-friendly country the UK is.
yes, it's really good that so few beaches have restrictions. Norfolk is also very good about dog-friendly pubs/restaurants/cafes. I expect accommodation rentals have to be dog-friendly to be competitive. Read more at the newsletter The Barking Bugle ("written by dogs" :rolleyes: The Barking Bugle | Written For Dogs by Dogs, Norfolk

it might be worth pointing out that not all the beaches are sandy - there is a stretch of coast where they are more rocky/shingle. And others are quite tide dependent.
I always check out where we are going by using Google maps and Google search before visiting any coast. Also checking high and low tides. So much information can be gained before deciding where to go

I always check out where we are going by using Google maps and Google search before visiting any coast. Also checking high and low tides. So much information can be gained before deciding where to go
Same here. I like to see all the little paths I can take and where they go. I never cared about tide times as the tide makes almost zero difference in California or Spain, but in Cornwall it's super important. At high tide most beaches aren't even there! @snowbunny recommended Harlyn Bay and the first time I went there was high tide, but I didn't realise it as it was before I caught on about the tide tables. I remember thinking, "Why would anyone come here? It's a 100 m2 sliver of rocky beach!" I was actually a bit put out with her for recommending it! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Living in Venice in the winter, I also had to be a tide watcher but there you don't need to look it up as the sirens go off before a high tide. Thought I'd time travelled back to WWII the first time - they use what sound like oldie timey wimey air raid sirens. It's actually pretty cool once you realise it doesn't mean you're going to imminently die, it just means you need to sort out your grocery shopping in the next hour before the entrance floods.

Escape artist" is a tough one. I've heard many a wild tale of true doggie pros - @snowbunny can probably attest that Podencos are particularly famous in Spanish shelters for making a run for it - but have been very lucky not to have had any of my own. My only real jumper was @Aitch 's Toby - but while he could jump onto kitchen counters, he never even tried to climb the fence in the back garden, thank goodness.
My friend and her husband were on the committee for a Siberian Husky rescue and have had so many of their own. Wowee those dogs can escape everything ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ