Animals you are scared of

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
I thought I wasn't really totally scared of anything animal wise. I would never get into a field of cows if I could avoid it, and rats urgh!
Then it came to me.
SWANS 🦒🦒🦒
Yes, I am really frightened of swans.....scary as heck IMHO.
I hadn't thought about swans but you are totally RIGHT! They are vicious! And geese, their slightly less homicidal yet grumpy cousins.

I like cows as long as they are on the other side of a fence. They young ones are always WAY too interested in my dogs. I don't think they are homicidal (unlike swans), but they get frisky and bouncy and might just crush a dog (or you).

In California when trail walking on the coast, it was mountain lions. You'd come around a corner and bam! there'd be one sitting there. The official government advice is to start singing loudly and stomping. Which in my humble opinion only really means that you look like an idiot before they eat you. On the other hand, the one time Brogan and I came face to face with one and I dumbly started yelling out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!" and dancing around like a loon, it looked at me, looked at Brogan, kind of did a cat eye roll, and loped off. So...thank you State of California public parks department for that educational advice?

We also have bears, but unless you're wearing your groceries on your head or get between a mom and her cub, they seem more afraid of you and than you of them.

The official government advice is to start singing loudly and stomping. Which in my humble opinion only really means that you look like an idiot before they eat you. On the other hand, the one time Brogan and I came face to face with one and I dumbly started yelling out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!" and dancing around like a loon, it looked at me, looked at Brogan, kind of did a cat eye roll, and loped off. So...thank you State of California public parks department for that educational advice?
Glad to hear that doing what they advise you to do works!! I was absolutely terrified when I came across one, I panicked and biked away as fast as I could, which I do not advise, that mamma cat was hot in pursuit πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚