Poppy - Spaying Tomorrow

David

Staff member
How is Poppy doing? How is it going trying to keep her calm?
:hungover: <------- Does this give you a clue about the keeping her calm bit? :rofl:

She's doing fine thanks. Both wounds are healing nicely and all inflammation has gone down. She is impossible to keep calm so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't strain anything important but as more days pass the risk reduces. She was helping me stack 4 cu m of cut logs this morning. That involved following me back and forth and helping herself to the smaller ones to chew. Then she discovered the huge game of lets jump into the wheelbarrow.

DSC_0733.JPG

Need I say more? :rofl: Shifting the logs was great fun but rather slow.

David

Staff member
Poppy seems to be back to pretty much full fitness already 8 days into recovery. To mark this she reverted to her training as a sniffer dog this morning. :rofl: My daughter, SiL and their family are moving house today and SiL, Nick, brought some essentials round to keep in our house until this afternoon so they don't get lost. Poppy came out to "help" but when we got to the open tail gate of the car she jumped in checked out the boot, jumped over the back seats and checked them out then jumped into the front seats same again, reversed and jumped out and sat next to me as if to say "All clean chief!" Good girl Poppy. :pull:

David

Staff member
Let's just hope she doesn't ever do her sniffer dog training if you get any teenagers coming to visit. Could be they might have a bit of explaining to do to their parents...
I'm hoping she gradually forgets all that. I think her puppyhood has been rather dominated by training and working and I'd like her to just be a family pet, although we have been doing a bit of gundog training with her - more to keep her occupied than anything else.