Weather

Lab_adore

Staff member
Walks will be minimal today. The coldest I remember here in a couple of years!
Every time I see these crazy numbers in Canada I try to comprehend that this is an actual temperature where humans and dogs and all the other creatures live. I can't

Do you know, flying home yesterday I brought up the screen that shows things like 'distance from origin' and 'current time at destination' etc. It had the outside temperature and it was -44. I thought 'oh well, not far from just another day in winter in Canada!'

A bit parky.....but what is the story of the dog buried under the snow? 😱
I hope the link works - thankfully it had a happy ending, and the dog was microchipped and reunited with his owner. :heart::heart:

Every time I see these crazy numbers in Canada I try to comprehend that this is an actual temperature where humans and dogs and all the other creatures live. I can't

Do you know, flying home yesterday I brought up the screen that shows things like 'distance from origin' and 'current time at destination' etc. It had the outside temperature and it was -44. I thought 'oh well, not far from just another day in winter in Canada!'
So we were pretty close in temps to the outside of your plane! That's just crazy!

Lab_adore

Staff member
No more complaints about a cool or late summer. Phew. I just had a shower, changed into nice clean shorts and singlet and threw our sweaty horrible clothes in the washing machine. Hung out the clothes and then had to strip out of nice clean (now horrible and sweaty) clothes and have another shower! It's only 30 degrees but the humidity is making it feel like 40 degrees. We're all holed up inside with the air-con on and I have to say thank God for the ability to WFH

No more complaints about a cool or late summer. Phew. I just had a shower, changed into nice clean shorts and singlet and threw our sweaty horrible clothes in the washing machine. Hung out the clothes and then had to strip out of nice clean (now horrible and sweaty) clothes and have another shower! It's only 30 degrees but the humidity is making it feel like 40 degrees. We're all holed up inside with the air-con on and I have to say thank God for the ability to WFH
I remember visiting my sister in Atlanta USA, when I went outside I was immediately covered in sweat because of the humidity. My sister took me to a very posh house and when I stood up from sitting on the chair, I left a damp patch!

Apparently January in Sydney this year has broken all humidity records. It's so gross.

Lab_adore

Staff member
Crikey, what a stinker today. It was only supposed to be 30 but it got up to 33. I jumped in the car to go to the shops and had to sit there for 5 minutes with the air-con going full blast before I could touch the steering wheel or the seatbelt buckle

Poor Maxx doesn't like it and has been doing a lot of this. The air-con is on inside now so he will come alive soon :heart:

IMG_20220128_155636174.jpg