What made you smile today?

snowbunny

Administrator
I've had a very stressful week with work, then with the additional worries of J's winter work on top, my sister's dog, Alex in ICU and just general exhaustion from insomnia, it's all just been a bit much.

But the dogs can always make me smile.

I had to work late tonight, but I took half an hour off after our walk to just sit and play with them. Squidge found a sock of J's on the floor, and I decided to sacrifice it for the greater good, and we rolled around on the floor playing tug. Shadow joined in with that while Ginny and Willow sat on the sofa behind us, prodding me occasionally to demand scritches.

It was a lovely little diversion from the demands of the real world.

And this photo I found in my library also made me smile. She's such a clown.

Fun-3468-edit611.jpg

I've had a very stressful week with work, then with the additional worries of J's winter work on top, my sister's dog, Alex in ICU and just general exhaustion from insomnia, it's all just been a bit much.
I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad week. The dogs must definitely be a good distraction, even if it means sacrificing a sock! :hug:

snowbunny

Administrator
then with the additional worries of J's winter work on top, my sister's dog, Alex in ICU a
I realised that reads as if my sister's dog called Alex is in ICU. Two different things. My sister's dog, Bo, was suffering from some unknown ailment, AND a human bean named Alex is in ICU....

even if it means sacrificing a sock
RIP sock. You played your part and your partner will miss you.

I'm sorry you've had such a cr@p week Fiona. My work is insane at the moment too and don't mention the S word (sleep). Maxx doesn't understand why I pretty much ignored him during the day all week. Poor Steve has been slugged with all the chores as well as dog entertainment.

I had two pairs of shoes delivered yesterday - same brand and same size but one pair is too small. Gah. We have to post them back. Anyway I was on a call and Maxx snuck in and started barking madly at the boxes! Luckily the three girls on the call are very friendly and they laughed. One has two dogs of her own, one a puppy, so she has to excuse herself every 10 or 15 minutes to take him out for a wee.

I hope next week is better for you @snowbunny

I had a video call with my 5 year old grandson. He is in the phase that girls are stupid and wants to play with only boys. In this call he told me about a new girl in his class. He ‘liked’ (love) her much....He told me he liked her hair, the dresses she is wearing and her voice! He told me he can’t stop thinking about her voice....He is definitely in love :inlove:
Rory needn’t bother himself with any of this nonsense.

Mammy is the only girl he ever needs 😏

I’ve had such a lovely weekend with Rory. I’m exhausted but nice exhausted.

Weve played, painted, been to the park, been
to a socially distanced outside birthday party, been to a theme park.

he’s just been an absolute delight 🥰 I adore him and our time together feels so much more special now I’m working again.