What made you smile today?

Lab_adore

Staff member
On our walk this morning we came across a gorgeous pointer who looked a lot like our lovely Pig. He was enormous and only 7 months old. Maxx was all wiggly and excited and was just bunching up to have a leap and a bark when the pointer lifted his giant paw and bopped Maxx ever so gently on the nose! It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Maxx was so startled he plopped onto his bottom and looked up at us as if to say WTF was that? Anyway then Maxx barked and the pointer did it again - this time on his head! We were :rofl:

On our walk this morning we came across a gorgeous pointer who looked a lot like our lovely Pig. He was enormous and only 7 months old. Maxx was all wiggly and excited and was just bunching up to have a leap and a bark when the pointer lifted his giant paw and bopped Maxx ever so gently on the nose! It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Maxx was so startled he plopped onto his bottom and looked up at us as if to say WTF was that? Anyway then Maxx barked and the pointer did it again - this time on his head! We were :rofl:
I'm reminded of the time Chewie met a 15 year old Lab. He was all excited to meet her and she just gave him this Look and he sat down and did his best Good Boi impression.

Jacqui-S

@Emily we love playing Uno, take it on holiday with us and can keep us amused for ages! It can be hard just with 3 though, as easy to feel ganged up on :giggl: you know you need to get rid of that pick up 4, but do you give it to Nathan, or just sit on it ....:wasntme:

@Emily we love playing Uno, take it on holiday with us and can keep us amused for ages! It can be hard just with 3 though, as easy to feel ganged up on :giggl: you know you need to get rid of that pick up 4, but do you give it to Nathan, or just sit on it ....:wasntme:
Hehe I know what you mean! And there's no such thing as giving the kid and easy go in this house, if you've got the card to play, you play it!

Atemas

UK Tour Guide
Just given Red her evening quick walk. We met a neighbour who has got a 5 month old black Labrador called Nova. She is absolutely beautiful. He was saying how exhausted they were and what hard work it’s been - pointing to the scars on his hand - but you could see the pride he has in her. He couldn’t believe Red was 4 years old and said he remembered me walking her as a puppy and wondered what I was doing - treating for loose lead walking. He said ‘I now know’ and pointed to his treat bag.

The whole time we were chatting Red just sat by my side and I said how much of a croco pup she had been and how exhausting I had found it all but we have a fantastic dog so it’s all been worthwhile 😄. I look forward to seeing more of Nova 😄

Lab_adore

Staff member
I had to smile today. There were four large dogs running around off lead across the park and Maxx was very keen to join them. However they were being quite boisterous and we didn't want him to be part of that. He was such a good boy; he was off lead but we had the long lead on him and within grabbing distance in case he took off. He looked over at them several times but each time we called him he came running to us and was happy to play fetch and do training with us instead of running off. That is such a massive improvement :tail:

One of the teenagers that I work with has had a very tough life. He's currently in foster care. But despite all of the many challenges in his way, he's just so positive and optimistic and funny. Today he just had a really good day - asked lots of questions in science and he was being silly but in a very nice way. He asked what hentai was just as the teacher was walking past and her face and his reaction to my answer just made me laugh.

If you don't know what hentai is, Google with caution 😂