A very agitated Bear - and effects of Suprelorin

I think 6 months is a sensible choice. Surprised about the puncture wound??
Glad to know he was brave and all went well.
Be prepared for an even bigger increase in sniffing and marking. It took Hunter 3 weeks before we had calm, his best mate Max only took 2 weeks.
I wrote a few notes down so I could see if we had any benefits. Hunter's character changed very slightly. Not to other dogs but to me. He became very vocal!

I think 6 months is a sensible choice. Surprised about the puncture wound??
Glad to know he was brave and all went well.
Be prepared for an even bigger increase in sniffing and marking. It took Hunter 3 weeks before we had calm, his best mate Max only took 2 weeks.
I wrote a few notes down so I could see if we had any benefits. Hunter's character changed very slightly. Not to other dogs but to me. He became very vocal!
Thanks Lorraine, I asked the vet about it getting worse before it gets better, and he says it only happens sometimes, and maybe just for 10 days... (though this is contrary to what I've heard on here and read elsewhere)

Here's his wound, looks slightly better now but shame they had to shave his beautiful ruff. Thinking of @Joy 's post about Molly's bald patch talking a while to regrow....
IMG_20210702_140154996.jpg

Thanks Lorraine, I asked the vet about it getting worse before it gets better, and he says it only happens sometimes, and maybe just for 10 days... (though this is contrary to what I've heard on here and read elsewhere)

Here's his wound, looks slightly better now but shame they had to shave his beautiful ruff. Thinking of @Joy 's post about Molly's bald patch talking a while to regrow....
View attachment 26341
Just get him a flashy Bandana he'd rock that. It should grow back as it's moulting time. Hopefully you should see a real difference soon. ❤

Bear has been completely fine, doesn't seem at all bothered by the injection site, and he's been pretty chilled 48 hours on, certainly no more excitable than usual.

OH is keeping an eye on ball shrinkage. This seems to bother him for some reason 🤣

I've had two. The first was awesome, the second not so much 🙄
I think they are amazeballs. I wish they were around when I was 18, I'd have used them for decades....
Fortunately Bear's implant doesn't get removed like the hooman ones, it just degrades.

I don't want to tempt fate as it's really early days - but Bear seems much more chilled.
Today for instance - went out for a decent walk with OH around our abandoned golf course, no toys / balls, and it was always done at Monty's slow pace. Though of course Bear covers ten times the distance zipping around at Bear's pace!
Then all afternoon he has mooched about while I was mostly locked away in the study, and OH spent hours sorting out clothes, linens, charity bags etc. He's had no training, no other stimulation other than a couple of kongs, he's annoyed Monty just a little in a low key way, and now he is sitting at my feet while I prepare dinner being very cool.

He's tried to grab my sleeves a couple of times but much less full on than usual.
So. is it.... the implant.... a few days of walks without other dogs (certainly no bitches on heat).... or OH at home all day?

PS. could a mod add -' and effects of Suprelorin' to the title of this thread please? Might help other people reading it. thanks x