A very agitated Bear - and effects of Suprelorin

Beanwood

Administrator
@Natalie, I would say from my experience it is probably early days.... but it sounds like Bear is a happy boy right now. A good decompress has obviously helped enormously :inlove:

@Natalie, I would say from my experience it is probably early days.... but it sounds like Bear is a happy boy right now. A good decompress has obviously helped enormously :inlove:
Yes it is early.... Once I fed him he went on a manic ten minutes of zoomies, and racing around the house causing complete chaos. Thank God we aren't house proud. And I think this is just hilarious.... It does stress Monty a bit, but to see Bear getting the most amount of joy from leaping around and throwing his latest toy ( a plant pot) high in the air and catching it is just wonderful. I don't want to get rid of that, just the out-of-control over-arousal bits.

I did do a 15 min training walk with him so we could watch the football in peace, practicing everything we do in classes, and he was 95% spot on. Good Bear🐻

Last edited:

Lab_adore

Staff member
Yes it is early.... Once I fed him he went on a manic ten minutes of zoomies, and racing around the house causing complete chaos. Thank God we aren't house proud. And I think this is just hilarious.... It does stress Monty a bit, but to see Bear getting the most amount of joy from leaping around and throwing his latest toy ( a plant pot) high in the air and catching it is just wonderful. I don't want to get rid of that, just the out-of-control over-arousal bits.

I did do a 15 min training walk with him so we could watch the football in peace, practicing everything we do in classes, and he was 95% spot on. Good Bear🐻
I wonder if it is just that some dogs love to prance and play and others are more naturally chilled? Maxx, at 3 years and 9 months, still does the big prance around the house with favourite toy of the day at least once every day - enticing a chase from us where possible. I love to see his high energy antics and you can see the joy in his face when we play with him. He is a bit demanding sometimes, standing in front of Steve and barking if he isn't getting the attention he needs but we are working on that.

I wonder if it is just that some dogs love to prance and play and others are more naturally chilled? Maxx, at 3 years and 9 months, still does the big prance around the house with favourite toy of the day at least once every day - enticing a chase from us where possible.
The cue for my two to do that is for me to go into the sitting room for some peace and quiet to make a phone call. All hell is let loose, even if we’ve just come back from a walk. Tuppy grabs her rope toy and dangles it over Wispa who is rolling on the carpet. There’s much mock squeaky growling and bitey face, then eventually a mad dash through to the hall, sounding as if they’re about to kill each other. They are 7 and 9.

Yesterday they did it while I was having an important conversation with a friend. At her end, she suddenly had to break off and phone me back because her elderly dog had stood up and fallen over. :( She’s a bulldog - and about 9 or 10, which is apparently old for a bulldog.

I don't want to get rid of that, just the out-of-control over-arousal bits.
I totally get that -- I love Cassie's joyfulness and never wanted to lose that, now that she's 5 she still has it but it's all contained within acceptable boundaries (give or take the odd bit of jumping up). Great news that he seems to be turning the corner, early days I know.

It almost (not quite) makes me want a second one
Haha, I learnt yesterday that a lovely bitch who lives locally had had a litter --- thankfully they are all sold :whew:

I have a lot of plant pots stacked up at the side of the house, all sizes. He loves to grab one and play with it, unfortunately some of them still have bits of soil in which is when he gets chased back outside with it! I think he just loves the easy destructability and crunch of the thin plastic. 😂
Prim loves plant pots too!! Frolics in joy when she gets one!

Lab_adore

Staff member
Prim loves plant pots too!! Frolics in joy when she gets one!
Maxx too

You go for it, Bear! Carbon is SO jealous that he has no plant pots!

I know they are no longer ecologically correct, but my Rotties both loved empty disposable water bottles. Same great crunch!
Maxx sometimes helps himself to a 2L juice bottle from the recycling bin and simply loves running around the house with it making a very loud and annoying crunch sound