GGJ is at the Vet's.

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
We had a visit from Mags and Echo today which was lovely. A short but very wet walk to a cafe so that Echo could have cafe practice ( he was a very Good Boy) then home for lunch. Joy had her big cone on and I happened to glance down at her and saw that she was licking her bandage! Yes! With the cone on! I was glad Mags was there to witness it, little contortionist dog! So now here she is with the bandage, the big cone and the blow up collar. If that doesn't do it I don't know what will!IMG_20191107_163203.jpg

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
This afternoon my friend Sofija came round. We were just sitting having coffee and a natter and Joy, wearing her big cone and her inflatable collar was on her downstairs bed right next to me. I was telling Sofija about the cut paw and all the visits to the vet and I glanced down at Joy and noticed that her back paw was in a strange position. Then I saw that it wasn't her paw at all, it was her bandage, NO LONGER ON HER PAW!:shock: I mean, how had she managed that?:facepalm:
Anyway, straight back up the hill to the vet yet again. We're almost embarrassingly well known there now. Fortunately no harm done and she was due to have her dressing changed tomorrow , so now we won't need that appointment. We lifted her onto the table so the nurse could put the new bandage on and she just laid down and let her do it! The nurse said that she's always like that and is a lovely dog to look after. I couldn't help but feel proud of her, despite her sneaky weaky bandage removal trick. Really none of this is her fault and she just doesn't know what the bandage is for, as far as she's concerned it shouldn't be there and that's that. Sofija had brought her some left over steak so she had that mixed in with her Kibble. She seems happy with that!:laughdog:

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Back to the vet again today to have Joy's dressing changed. She stood beautifully still while she had her paw washed and laid down very sweetly again to have the new bandage put on. Chris the vet said he never ceases to be amazed by how she just lets them do what they need to. Apparently most dogs try to pull away when people do things to their paws. I think what he was most pleased about though was that she wagged ever so slightly when she saw him and accepted a treat from his hand for the first time ever!

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Was woken at 6.30 today by the sound of abnormal activity from the direction of Joy's bed. Her dressing is off again! Aaaargh! I don't think she's able to reach her stitches with the cone and inflatable collar on, but she has been trying to lick her paw, poor little dog. Just keeping an eye on her now, ready to ring the vet's when they open at 8.30. Joy has gone back to sleep for now.