Kipper’s got a limp

Beanwood

Administrator
@snowbunny We use magnesium sulphate as a poultice to draw anything from a wound. It's just magic stuff and very, very cheap from any chemist. It worked a treat on Bramble when she had a nasty thorn in her paw, and me with a splinter in my finger.

@HAH poor Kipper! To help him feel more comfy I would have him on more or less complete rest for a least a week, then just very, very short walks. I know it's hard but with niggling muscular injuries they take much more rest than we think.

Sorry to hear about Kipper, @HAH , definitely a few days rest, and if you think he's in pain you can give paracetamol if you haven't got any dog anti inflammatories ( which I guess most people won't have knocking around )

Reactions: HAH
Maybe your vet is doing something like this and you could pick up some ABs?
I can buy ABs in the local pharmacy without prescription. It's looking OK for now, cleaning it with Hibiscrub and using an antiseptic spray regularly.

@snowbunny We use magnesium sulphate as a poultice to draw anything from a wound. It's just magic stuff and very, very cheap from any chemist. It worked a treat on Bramble when she had a nasty thorn in her paw, and me with a splinter in my finger.
Oh, good to know, thanks! I'll get some of that when I'm next at the pharmacy x