What made you smile today?

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
My smile on our walk thismorning was one of sheer admiration......a young woman running along the towpath, pushing a buggy containing a toddler, with two Golden Retrievers attached to her waist running with her. I consider it brave enough to wrangle a toddler and two large dogs at the same time, let alone take them all for a run together. Brava that woman!

My smile on our walk thismorning was one of sheer admiration......a young woman running along the towpath, pushing a buggy containing a toddler, with two Golden Retrievers attached to her waist running with her. I consider it brave enough to wrangle a toddler and two large dogs at the same time, let alone take them all for a run together. Brava that woman!
Whoops, I can see all of them in the canal if one of the Golden Retrievers decided to retrieve a duck!

Perhaps it's the forward momentum that keeps everyone together. Ive got A few friends that jog with off road prams and dogs they are so brave and super fit. 😊

Last edited:

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Joy absolutely loves to retrieve (after all it's what she was bred to do) and ever since she was small she has enjoyed ball games. However since she has developed arthritis I have been wary of games that involve a lot of sudden stopping and starting, so now we have a new game that involves me hiding a ball and her snuffling it out, so that she's moving more slowly and it's gentler on her joints. Luckily a lot of the fields locally that have always been mowed are now being left to grow into grassy meadows (so much nicer to look at too) which is ideal for our new 'Find it!' game and we spent a very happy time in the rain thismorning, in amongst the long grass and Buttercups. A few photos of a happy GoodGirlJoy!20240615_105111.jpg20240615_104646.jpg20240612_102529.jpg

Joy absolutely loves to retrieve (after all it's what she was bred to do) and ever since she was small she has enjoyed ball games. However since she has developed arthritis I have been wary of games that involve a lot of sudden stopping and starting, so now we have a new game that involves me hiding a ball and her snuffling it out, so that she's moving more slowly and it's gentler on her joints. Luckily a lot of the fields locally that have always been mowed are now being left to grow into grassy meadows (so much nicer to look at too) which is ideal for our new 'Find it!' game and we spent a very happy time in the rain thismorning, in amongst the long grass and Buttercups. A few photos of a happy GoodGirlJoy!View attachment 41556View attachment 41558View attachment 41559
I think they find hunting for a dummy/ball more mentally stimulating than running after the ball 😊 Super photos. So many buttercups this year which are lovely.

Though in @Candy's photo, they are not buttercups! Here we have fields of them.

Last edited:

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
I think they find hunting for a dummy/ball more mentally stimulating than running after the ball 😊 Super photos. So many buttercups this year which are lovely.

Though in @Candy's photo, they are not buttercups! Here we have fields of them.
It's true that on further inspection the flowers in the photo appear to be Cowslips rather than Buttercups, however I'm sure I saw Buttercups somewhere in the field!
Here is our meadow from today's walk. Again it's one that used to be kept mowed, but now it's beautifully full of what I believe to be Ox-eye Dasies.
Add in a small Labrador posing prettily and it's enough to make anyone smile!😍20240616_103725.jpg20240616_111519.jpg20240616_111544.jpg20240616_111552.jpg20240616_111651.jpg20240616_111647.jpg

It's true that on further inspection the flowers in the photo appear to be Cowslips rather than Buttercups, however I'm sure I saw Buttercups somewhere in the field!
Here is our meadow from today's walk. Again it's one that used to be kept mowed, but now it's beautifully full of what I believe to be Ox-eye Dasies.
Add in a small Labrador posing prettily and it's enough to make anyone smile!😍View attachment 41590View attachment 41591View attachment 41592View attachment 41593View attachment 41594View attachment 41595
Those are really super photos, ones to be framed, I loved them,

Candy

Biscuit Tin Guardian
Lovely visit from Candy, Liz and dear GGJ yesterday ❤

View attachment 41652
Thankyou, Alison @Atemas for your warm welcome, kind hospitality and delicious lunch/afternoon tea. It was lovely to meet you, Frank and beautiful Red after all this time( I knew she and Joy would like each other) and it was an especially nice way to break the journey. xxx