The Labraventures of Carbón, Spanish (ex-) foster dog extraordinaire

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Today I practiced my different modelling looks. While Blue Steel works for me, ML has been encouraging me to spread my wings...or paws...and look to more classical inspiration from stage and screen. With that in mind, "Vamos!"

The suave air of gravitas but with the slight ironically lifted brow hinting at a sense of humour...it can only be Señor Carey Grant.
P1160949.jpg

Sexy yet approachable and kind...can it be Señor Keanu Reeves?
P1160951.jpg

The optimism, innocence and enthusiasm of the wide-eyed screen ingénue plus lots of teeth...1980's era Julia Roberts?
P1160952.jpg

And the full on modelling supernova that combines all my new looks at once!
P1160953.jpg

Por fin, finally, dios mio! Here is the seagull who insisted on being in every one of my modelling poses. For his persistence alone, el pequeño hombre deserves his own moment to shine.
P1160955.jpg

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Carbon, could that seagull have followed you from Padstow? Does he like gooseberry yoghurt icecream? :giggl:
No! Luckily no gulls have followed me from Padstow. I know this because the seagulls here are quite small and quiet. They are gentlemanly seagulls. ML is a bit disappointed because she likes the way the Cornish gulls yell at each other and roll around like puppies on the roof. For myself, I am relieved. Those Cornish gulls are terrifying AND THEY STEAL YOUR FOOD. I cannot think of a worse trait in a fellow animal than food thief. They have no shame!

Beanwood

Administrator
Today I practiced my different modelling looks. While Blue Steel works for me, ML has been encouraging me to spread my wings...or paws...and look to more classical inspiration from stage and screen. With that in mind, "Vamos!"

The suave air of gravitas but with the slight ironically lifted brow hinting at a sense of humour...it can only be Señor Carey Grant.
View attachment 18770

Sexy yet approachable and kind...can it be Señor Keanu Reeves?
View attachment 18774

The optimism, innocence and enthusiasm of the wide-eyed screen ingénue plus lots of teeth...1980's era Julia Roberts?
View attachment 18773

And the full on modelling supernova that combines all my new looks at once!
View attachment 18772

Por fin, finally, dios mio! Here is the seagull who insisted on being in every one of my modelling poses. For his persistence alone, el pequeño hombre deserves his own moment to shine.
View attachment 18771
Definitely a Cornish seagull masquerading a French seagull.....reminds me of "Allo Allo"

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Hola todos! Today was all about wet from above, so here are more photos from yesterday. My advanced Labrador senses tell me that tomorrow we will have sun or at least less wet from above so "ojala!" hopefully there will be further new adventures then!

Here I am jumping into the sea...weeeee!!
P1160961.jpg

P1160962.jpg

Except, DIOS MIO, that is COLD! And wet! How did I forget that the sea is wet? I am getting out NOW!
Version 3.jpg

Ah, that is better. Wet is much more enjoyable from a distance.
P1160969.jpg

Look at this brave human! Maybe she will last longer than I did in the icicle water.
P1160972.jpg

Boring Breton longhouse that ML is making me include. "It's cultural" she says. "Maybe people want to see more than just you, Carbon" she says. Why would they want THAT? Pfft!

P1160992.jpg

Here, this Breton house is much more interesting, no?
P1160982.jpg

And finally, more of what everyone wants: beautiful scenery AND a Spanish gentleman Labrador. Best of both worlds, no?
P1160973.jpg

Emily_Babbelhund

Mama Red HOT Pepper
Wonderful photos! Curious as to the history of the little Breton house wrapped in a sort of stony bear hug :)
Here's a little more: Hamlet of Meneham | Brittany tourism

Hamlet brought back to life
The extraordinary coastal hamlet of Meneham, lies low amidst the great boulders that dramatically litter the Kerlouan coastline. The most startling building, a 17th-century coastguard’s cottage with stone roof, sits cunningly disguised between two huge rocks. It went up to spy on the sea in the period when France and England were at war. The village behind is of later date, built in part to house customs men trying to stop smuggling. Then farmers moved in, but in the last century, the place became increasingly neglected.

Now it has artist ateliers and an authentic holiday rental longhouse:

While I'm at it, here's tomorrow's destination if the weather cooperates: La Pointe Saint-Mathieu | Brittany tourism

I'm longing for some Cornwall-style cliffs and Carbon has a hankering for some sheep poo, hopefully this will do us!