Doggy brags

Homer can count to five, well , he can count backwards from five!

When we play ball on the field he wants to play more and will just sit and stare at me as I walk away, which was getting annoying so I’d tell him last one but then he’d just hold onto his ball for longer and not let me throw the last one, whilst still refusing to leave the field. So I started giving him a count down of five more throws before we go. I show him five fingers and throw the ball, four, throw, three, throw, two, throw, last one, throw and he’s then happy to leave the field.

I can’t trick him, it has to be five last throws or he’s not leaving!

Oh bless him, what a clever boy ! Good strategy ! x

I was proud of Reubs this afternoon when we met the manic pair of Labradoodles , they are gorgeous but totally wild ! They ran up the bank into the thick forest and Reuben followed the, my heart sank as the owners had previously told me that at times, they had stood waiting for them to return for over an hour . To their amazement , I blasted on my whistle , and to my amazement , Reuben came back , he had much fishy treats x

Oh bless him, what a clever boy ! Good strategy ! x

I was proud of Reubs this afternoon when we met the manic pair of Labradoodles , they are gorgeous but totally wild ! They ran up the bank into the thick forest and Reuben followed the, my heart sank as the owners had previously told me that at times, they had stood waiting for them to return for over an hour . To their amazement , I blasted on my whistle , and to my amazement , Reuben came back , he had much fishy treats x
That’s the best feeling! Then the other dog owner eventually ask you to call your dog so theirs will follow 😂😂

Homer can count to five, well , he can count backwards from five!

When we play ball on the field he wants to play more and will just sit and stare at me as I walk away, which was getting annoying so I’d tell him last one but then he’d just hold onto his ball for longer and not let me throw the last one, whilst still refusing to leave the field. So I started giving him a count down of five more throws before we go. I show him five fingers and throw the ball, four, throw, three, throw, two, throw, last one, throw and he’s then happy to leave the field.

I can’t trick him, it has to be five last throws or he’s not leaving!
When we kick a ball for Chewie we count to three. So now he knows that good things happen at 3, so if you're counting he doesn't get excited until 2 and when OH and his friend were moving the fridge (1, 2, 3, lift) things got interesting!

For me, pride comes before a fall! I was walking over a field when a Muntjac suddenly got up, it was bare earth so very visual. Rourke was ahead of me off lead, saw the Muntjac just a few yards in front of him and rushed back to me for his ball and we watched the Muntjac race across the field and then up the hedge line. Well, I was well chuffed and spent the rest of the time walking down and along the bottom of the field mentally composing a post to this "doggy brags". I was lost in a revery when suddenly aware of a black streak racing across the field, rapidly following a brown streak, Rourke was chasing the Muntjac :shock:

Red is now a seasoned camper. On campsites you have to keep your dogs on lead. Normally we would put the large skewer into the ground and attach the end of their leads to it. The ground was rock hard last week and there was no way that skewer was going in the ground. However, no need - Sky has taught Red the boundaries and the whole week she could be trusted to stay right by the tent. If we said ‘stay’, she stayed. She’s not yet 3 so I felt proud of her. We would get the odd little territorial bark or low growl if someone passed too close to our tent when we were all in it but otherwise she was quiet too. I heard many dogs barking and a few at night but not a peep from our two